What Are You Watching Today?

Vivi Hyuuga

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching MMO Junkie. I quite enjoyed it, though perhaps for some of the wrong reasons. For one thing - and without giving anything away - I have suspicions that the Heart Of Gold’s infinite improbability drive was somehow involved in generating the plot. :) For another, I just finished (re)watching Kotoura-san a week or so ago, so the whole “Morimori-chan” thing had me cracking up, over and above anything MMO's writers intended.  (This was used as a gag in Kotoura-san as well, so it was still fresh in my mind and easily triggered.  “Morimori” means something like energetic or enthusiastic in Japanese, but it can also mean “bulging”, as in muscles or “heartily”, as in eating.  All of which for me just added something to the humor.)  Especially the dream sequence in ep11, pt2 had me ROFL! :D

And wait.. did Morioka and Sakurai share a dream there at the end?!  I mean, she's the one that fell asleep at the keyboard, but we also later see him starting awake in front of his keyboard thinking he's wearing the cursed armor, right?  :o

Edited by efaardvark

I've been starting to watch some Asian related shows and movies lately so here are some I'm currently watching or going start very soon :

Asian Movies : Zatoichi blind swordsman , Seven Samurai , The Villainess , The Raid 1 & 2 :nerd:

Asian Dramas : Weightlifting-Fairy-Kim-Bok-Joo :hot:

Anime : R.O.D The TV <3 ❤ ~

• 2 weeks later...

Sound of the Sky and (rewatched) Your Name. Lately my sister, INTJ, and I have been watching Boruto at night when neither of us can sleep, so I'm hoping to watch a bit of that with her! She just about finished the Village Hidden in the Mist arc, so she's almost caught up to current episodes! She's absolutely loving Sarada.

4e425ccc1d21ff6cc3a01b0b4278b2347da86e8a_hq.jpg

Edited by Vivi Hyuuga
  • Like 1

Currently watching Garo: Guren no Tsuki. i like it but compared to the other two season's of this show it's not as good. I feel like the story is a bit rushed and I feel like it needs some more back story to understand what is currently happening.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Yona Hime said:

yes i saw it too!! loved it, have more recommantions?! :)

Hmmm... not offhand.  I'd have to reach a bit for the older Ah! My Goddess!, but that's getting more into harem which may not be what you're after.  If you're into the supernatural aspect then I'll also say I really like what I've seen so far of Ancient Magus' Bride.

Also (re: Blue Exorcist) maybe Strike The Blood?  Similar vibe, though I have to admit I didn't finish BE.

Good luck!

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

Hmmm... not offhand.  I'd have to reach a bit for the older Ah! My Goddess!, but that's getting more into harem which may not be what you're after.  If you're into the supernatural aspect then I'll also say I really like what I've seen so far of Ancient Magus' Bride.

Also (re: Blue Exorcist) maybe Strike The Blood?  Similar vibe, though I have to admit I didn't finish BE.

Good luck!

Hey thanks!

i have watched the first 2 episode of  Ancient Magus' Bride. and it didnt really itrest me, maybe i should give it another try

and  Strike The Blood? is on my list! i will watch it.. 

just started shingeki no bahamut genesis 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yona Hime said:

...watched the first 2 episode of  Ancient Magus' Bride. and it didnt really itrest me, maybe i should give it another try

If you just watched the first 2 episodes of the 3-episode "prequel", "Hoshi Matsu Hito" (aka "Those Awaiting a Star"), then yeah, I'd give it another try.  The background episodes in the prequel (and even the first episode of the main show as well) are kind of downers, but it's been different & getting better from there as Chise settles into a new home and comes into her own powers.  Kind of slow in places so if you're into action then it might not be your thing.  I'm ok with the more laid-back pacing tho, and I'm liking the artwork too.

6 hours ago, efaardvark said:

If you just watched the first 2 episodes of the 3-episode "prequel", "Hoshi Matsu Hito" (aka "Those Awaiting a Star"), then yeah, I'd give it another try.  The background episodes in the prequel (and even the first episode of the main show as well) are kind of downers, but it's been different & getting better from there as Chise settles into a new home and comes into her own powers.  Kind of slow in places so if you're into action then it might not be your thing.  I'm ok with the more laid-back pacing tho, and I'm liking the artwork too.

i will give it another try, i do have the tendency to like animes that start of with a big tragedy lol.

now on the forth episode of shingeki no bahamut genesis  so far so good, and i cant watch multi animes at a times (o^.^o)

thank you.

haven't watched too much new anime this month (i have a terrible tendency to rewatch old favorites for the millionth time instead of actually giving something new a chance) but I did watch devilman crybaby recently and ohhh man, (if you're able to stomach it) I HIGHLY recommend it! I know this show's been hyped up quite a bit recently but it really is incredible (and the memes to come out of the fandom are amazing lmao) 

been on a kick of watching asian dramas lately, the first one I watched was 'million yen women'. it's a netflix original j-drama (netflix originals are always 10/10) and it had me hooked from start to finish, i reaaally enjoyed it. the show is relatively short (12 episodes, 20 min each) the show starts off (somewhat) lighthearted but gets really intense throughout the next few episodes and it'll always keep you on the edge of your seat. it's a great show that you don't have to invest too much time into, so if you're ever browsing through netflix and at a loss for what to watch next, i'd recommend it!

currently in the middle of watching a k-drama (also a netflix original, if you couldn't tell i'm a huge fan of netflix originals) called 'black'! i'm currently finishing up episode 5 (the episodes are about 1hr 30min a piece, so it's definitely not a quick watch, but i'm enjoying that for a change since more often than not i get hooked on a show that doesn't have too many episodes and i finish it within a day T~T ) it's about a girl who has the ability to see a black shadow lingering around any person who is going to die in the near future and if she touches the shadow, she can see exactly how they die, and she ends up teaming up with someone from the detective agency to help prevent the deaths of these people, buut of course everything doesn't go as planned, and that's about as far as i can go without venturing into spoiler territory, hehe ~ i'm enjoying it a lot so far, hopefully the ending doesn't disappoint! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1