What does "Lost Property" (Anime: Sora no Otoshimono) mean?

___Tom___

Hello everybody,
I am not English. I am French. I hesitate between two translations and I would like to ask you the meaning of "lost property". Does "lost property" mean "items found"? Or does "lost property" mean "lost possesions"? Thank you...! :D

all of what you mentioned

35 minutes ago, ___Tom___ said:

Does "lost property" mean "items found"? Or does "lost property" mean "lost possessions"? Thank you...! :D

heaven lost its property and he found it (them , the girls)

the anime is about a perverted guy that catches a strange angelic like girl that falls from the sky (the heavens) and begins to call him master , the rest goes on from there

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, Wodahs said:

the anime is about a perverted guy that catches a strange angelic like girl that falls from the sky (the heavens) and begins to call him master , the rest goes on from there

If I understand, the lost property it's the girls. These girls can not be objects. So the correct translation would be "lost possessions"...?

On 18/11/2017 at 7:38 PM, Greeneyes said:

Best show ever.!!

I have not watched this anime yet!

9 hours ago, ___Tom___ said:

If I understand, the lost property it's the girls. These girls can not be objects. So the correct translation would be "lost possessions"...?

I have not watched this anime yet!

Incorrect Lost Property is the right translation a slave is not defined as possession is it.... You will understand i you watch it...

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 18/11/2017 at 11:40 AM, Wodahs said:

Thank you for your answer. Your first sentence "heaven lost its property and he found it (them, the girls)" helped me a little. Thanks again!

Thanks to those who replied on this forum! Thank you everyone!

• Like 1

I really enjoyed both TV series many years ago. Even if it was quite ecchi, the Angeloid characters were adorable. Nymph was my most favourite!

The first movie was fantastic (Angeloid of Clockwork) But the second movie (Final: Eternal My Master) was very convoluted and had a very poor ending. I can only assume people that have read the source material would understand it (I only watched the anime and its movies). My understanding is it was supposed to get a third TV series but they did a shorter movie instead..

5a58c5ee5cad8_SoranoOtoshimono-nymph-ikaros.thumb.jpg.f27ac9215c1f985fc03321182304fe9b.jpg

• Geano locked this topic