The Ancient Magus' Bride

txGemgal3084

I am watching it, and even doing episode reviews on my blog.

So far, it is looking pretty good, but the first three episodes did not look so good, as only one episode was done right, which made the manga look better.

Hopefully, it does not go the way of Pandora Hearts, which had a filler arc that was not great to conclude everything.

• Like 1

brycec are you referring to the first three episodes of the series or the first three ova's they put out before the series started.  I haven't read the manga but I'll most likely go back to read it because I really enjoy the anime.

1 minute ago, txGemgal3084 said:

brycec are you referring to the first three episodes of the series or the first three ova's they put out before the series started.  I haven't read the manga but I'll most likely go back to read it because I really enjoy the anime.

Series. The OVAs were not that bad actually, though I was kind of disappointed that it was not some grand adventure, instead of a prequel special.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I really got hooked on those OVAs, but they were so sad! However, I have a friend who was able to relate to her past, so seeing the OVAs was cathartic for them.

That’s interesting. I agree that the OVAs were sad, but they were still good to watch.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, brycec said:

That’s interesting. I agree that the OVAs were sad, but they were still good to watch.

Agreed! I actually like my fair share of sad stories, but it was unexpectedly sad for me. I really liked them and it got me hooked on the story, characters, and the world building very quickly. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I really liked them and it got me hooked on the story, characters, and the world building very quickly. 

I kind of like that about this series overall, regardless of whether you talk about the anime or the manga.

In fact, I think it does a much better job of world building than A Certain Magical Index. Then again, I consider that to be bottom of the barrel anyway.

The only thing I wish were changed were the sub translations used on Crunchyroll. I am not sure what FUNimation’s translation are like, or if either Crunchy’s subs or FUNimation’s dub are more accurate, but Crunchyroll’s subs make it seem like everyone uses magic, or at least in the same way, as Renfred is called sorcerer, yet you have mention of Chimeras, which do not seem to be created by human hands in much of mythology, except through alchemy. I kind of like how Seven Seas calls him an alchemist better.

Then again, this is just personal preference and I have not seen what Renfred could really do in either the manga or anime, so sorcerer could indeed be the right term, even if I prefer to call him an alchemist, like the Seven Seas translation does.

• Like 2

I really like the vagueness BurnsyCEO. I mean sometimes I hate however shows even regular shows are so predictable that you start to feel like you are watching the same things over and over again. The show makes me excited to see what next adventure is in store  and what new characters are going to show up next?? I feel that's what lends to its appeal even more.

• Like 1

Recently started watching it . All i have to say is it is an amazing show. I did not expect to be that drawn into it. It have a very unique plot and new charcaters,which is a breath of relief for regular anime watchers .Personally , i would rate this anime an 7 out of ten for sure.

Just now, txGemgal3084 said:

@SleepyLeoulf where do you normally watch. It's currently airing on crunchyroll but i also us www.nwanime.tv (though this has a lot of extra pop ups you have to close).

I just look up website online to watch anime since I don't really have a certain place I watch them. I don't have curnchyroll since I can't afford the membership. But I could try the other website you gave me. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, txGemgal3084 said:

I use crunchyroll for free @SleepyLeoulf, I can't pay for a subscription either. lol Your welcome can't wait to see what you think about it.

Crunchyroll is good for what you get for free, but the ad mechanism is annoying, in that some ads repeated right after playing once already. 

• Like 1

I'm enjoying this show a lot! If nothing else, the art is gorgeous and the little details in world-building (like the little types of creatures that appear in the background, etc.) really make it pop for me. I'm also not sure where the main plot's going, but I don't think I mind that too much :3 (It does make it harder to stick with it after one mini-adventure ends though...)

• Like 1

@CheesyTrees If your referring to plot like ending I don't know either but as I see the plot now is mostly about Chise and the relationship with Ellias and their life together. Her finally understanding her gifts and that she's not crazy and Ellias feeling and understanding humanity and then their relationship growing together. Well that is my opinion anyway. To me finding out what's next keeps me coming back for more.

On 11/21/2017 at 3:37 AM, txGemgal3084 said:

I really like the vagueness BurnsyCEO. I mean sometimes I hate however shows even regular shows are so predictable that you start to feel like you are watching the same things over and over again. The show makes me excited to see what next adventure is in store  and what new characters are going to show up next?? I feel that's what lends to its appeal even more.

Holy shit I am late to reply but yes I love such stories too but this anime has been episodic so far so it's not as exciting like some other animes like fate/zero and death note were.

• Like 1

@SoullessMarshmallow I get what your saying she's just kinda blah sometimes. Though there has been a few times that I've seen her face brighten up i think her and Ellias will take their time developing more emotions as time goes by. I think Chise feeling normal in her skin knowing who she is and getting to know magic more will develop her character more.