Hello!

elrond99

Hi everyone. I just sort of randomly stumbled across this forum while googling random anime-related stuff. Not sure how active the board is, but I figured I'd say hi.

As for me, I'm a 37 year old male from Canada. I sometimes feel like an old fart in the anime community, as most fans I encounter seem to be around university-aged. So it can be hard to find people to chat about anime with.

Anyway, here's a link to my MAL if anyone wants to get a feel for my anime tastes.

https://myanimelist.net/profile/elrond99

13 minutes ago, elrond99 said:

I sometimes feel like an old fart in the anime community

Well you may be an old fart but you're an old fart with great taste in anime!

Welcome to AF! I hope you enjoy it here. I'm new myself, but I've been fully enjoying it. Seriously, my sister is concerned because I'll procrastinate eating until after I check the forum, but then I spend forever on here and desperately need food. :P 

BTW, awesome avatar choice. I love Dr. Horrible! 

Hey, thanks for the welcome.

I think my tastes are pretty varied. It's funny, I actually only really discovered anime due to ecchi clips I stumbled across on Youtube :P But it opened my eyes to a huge world of great, nuanced shows. I'm really amazed at how wide and weird and wonderful anime can be. There's something there for everyone.

Hi @elrond99, greetings from Australia. ;)

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here!

On 19/11/2017 at 11:13 PM, elrond99 said:

I just sort of randomly stumbled across this forum while googling random anime-related stuff.

Ooh! If you don't mind me asking which topic/content did you find us through Google?

4 hours ago, Optic said:

Ooh! If you don't mind me asking which topic/content did you find us through Google?

Sorry, I can't recall exactly. But I was looking for somewhere to chat with folks about anime aside from reddit and MAL. So it may have been a search as simple as "anime forum" or "anime message board."

• Like 1