Anime newbie joining

Tonko

Hello there! I joined these forums a few minutes ago, and wanted to present myself ^^

My nickname if Tonko, and I am new at anime. I love cats, videogames, and computers in general.

How it all started

I started watching Anime many years ago, with Pokemon. But I didn't even know what Anime was; I got seriously into japanese animation this year. 

On April, I watched Howl's Moving Castle, and I loved it. I then watched some more Studio Ghibli films. 

A few months ago, my friends were into Anime; It was the birthday of one of them, and I had no idea what to get for him, so I got into a manga store and bought the first I saw. It was Fullmetal Alchemist. Some days after I gave it to my friend, he told me that he was watching the Brotherhood series, and I started watching it too. I loved it. 

Then, the same friend told me to watch Charlotte. Also loved it.

Some time later, I bought the first Danganronpa manga. Inmediatly after paying for it, I realized it was the Argentine Spanish version of it. Simply horrible. Read it anyway, and liked it enough to watch the anime. It was fantastic.

Now, I am watching Princess Principal, and I am loving it so far.

More about me

• I am a boy
  • I live in Argentina (South America)
  • My favorite anime genre is Historical
  • If you ever ask me about my favorite animal, my answer will be always cats
  • I do like videogames, however, my wallet cannot handle all of them.

Well, that was it, I hope we all have a good time together ^^ 

-Tonko

Hi @Tonko, welcome to AF. :)

It sounds like you're quite early with your anime journey,. The first few anime titles you watch definitely are the most memorable!

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

4 hours ago, Tonko said:

Then, the same friend told me to watch Charlotte. Also loved it.

I quite liked Charlotte too, even if it was a bit short! If you're up for it, please feel free to write a review: