I need help finding this anime picture that I have been looking for, for six years

SearchingForWebsite

Question

I have been trying to find this anime picture for almost six years. (Obviously, not the entire time, but every so often I will try and search for it.)

Unfortunately, I do not remember everything about the picture, but I will explain what I can remember.

There were two girls in the picture. They both had red hair, or reddish pink hair. One of the girls was laying on the floor on the left side of the picture and I believe she had neater and shorter hair. The other girl was standing up and was on the right side of the picture, and I believe she had slightly "messier" hair, and it was somewhat longer.

I am less certain about the following details.
-

I forget what they were wearing. Maybe shorts, and t shirts, but most anime characters do.

They might have been in a castle. I think there was a checkered floor (like a chess board.) There might have been a window where you could see outside, or the picture faded from inside to an outside look. I'm less certain about all of this.
-

I first saw the picture on another forum way back in November in 2010. The board was closed and deleted forever, so the topic was lost, and I have been trying to find this picture ever since.

I am in the middle of searching for it again. I'll probably be doing this for a couple of days, and I could use some help. Whoever can help me find this picture will be my new best friend. ^_^

The things that I am most certain about
-
I know it has to be from an older anime, 2010 or below, or just an artist's on illustration. I don't know of any anime characters that looked like they did. From what I remember the girl laying down, with the shorter hair, had her hair swiped out of her face, without bangs. The other girl who was standing up, had shoulder length hair, and it was spikier. The girl laying down had a more serious/ominous expression on, and the girl standing up was either smiling, or she was just overall more energetic looking.

I believe that it was red. Six years ago, I definitely thought that it was red, but more recently I started to assume that it might have been pink. I saw it on a really old laptop that had pretty poor visual/lighting, so a lot of the time I didn't get exactly accurate colors. Reds in anime tend to look pink, so it is very likely that it was red, but there is a possibility that it could have at least been a pinkish red. It was within that area of color, either way, though.

I don't recognize them, unfortunately. The first girl looks more similar, but the girl in the picture that I'm trying to find had short hair. There girl in the first picture that you provided has long hair. As for the second picture, I know the anime, and I'm sure I would've found it by now if that were her. She doesn't look very similar to either of the girls in the picture that I'm trying to find, though. Thanks for your efforts, anyway, do you have any more suggestions? ^_^

I imagine you probably have,  but ever tried a character search on anime-planet? You can put parameters and tags in to narrow the search though you'll get a ton of pages to sift through so if you really are okay with days of searching you could try it. I'm out of guesses here :/

Edited by Beocat

I do have an account on anime-planet, but I have not tried that yet. I'll see if I give it a try, but there is just one issue. I can't confirm that the two girls in the picture were actually from an anime. It could have just been someone's drawing of two original characters that they came up with. Oh, but thank you for trying either way...!

Unfortunately, again, I don't recognize either of the two. Maybe I could give a bit more detail...?

The girl lying on the floor had short, flat hair, and it was swiped out of her face. There wasn't really that much to it. The girl standing up had slightly longer hair than the other girl, but it only reached her shoulders. It wasn't really that long, either, and it had spikes on the top. I think she might have had some bangs.

I'm not entirely sure of what their eye color was. It could have been the same color as their hair. I could also imagine yellow, but I'm not sure. I thought it might've been something darker, because I don't remember them having light eyes, like blue or green, or something like that.

Miku, thank you for your suggestion. I know that's not it, though. I'm familiar with the anime and its characters, so I would've recognized it if it were them.

Hamsloth... O_O Actually, I wouldn't be too surprised if it was. The person who posted the picture was fond of things in that area, so if it was from something like that, it wouldn't take me by surprise. Did you find the title of it?

This situation reminds me of when I was trying to find a certain image for, like, almost the same amount of years - before encountering it in meme form on iFunny. xD

And it's not creepy, as we've already entered the hentai realm.

Oh, well, I'm glad you found it. I wish I could find mine. T_T There were several images that I had at one point in time, and then I lost them, and searched for for years, but I found the majority of them eventually. Just not this one, and two more, I think... This one is my top priority, though, which is why I'm asking about it specifically, and not the other ones, obviously.

It's still creepy to me... o_O

My collection of pictures that I eventually found? I unfortunately can't reach them right now. I don't have access to my main computer at the moment, and that's the one that has all of my files and images and stuff...

You're creepy...

-

I found a few images that kind of resemble that picture that I'm looking for. Maybe they can be of some help?

https://www.ilbe.com/files/attach/new/20161127/14357299/7933103738/9083430148/9165a7cfdc0381bd5600ecfd45e5d53d

http://i.imgur.com/bxIeHsA

http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/7cebe6000397ad39b74d39e5ee0eb32d

http://img1.reactor.cc/pics/post/full/Anime-Nishikino-Maki-Love-Live!-Yazawa-Nico-2657425

https://img.pawoo.net/media_attachments/files/003/379/386/original/301cbbc18148a8b5

By the way, Hamsloth, do you remember any information about the one you think it could be? I could try to search for it myself, if you're not having any luck finding the name?

Edited by SearchingForWebsite