Your Philosophy

Greeneyes

you know how How some anime characters have different beliefs?
for example :

Arthuria thinks it is justified to kill people if it is within order
Kiritsugu Emiya thinks that killing people is bad..but if its for the greater good and quantity...then so be it

is that how it works...although i dont agree with either of them

You must not hate others, no matter what. Resenting, hating, and trying to kill others is evil. This world is wonderful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that, and this world will become a beautiful world full of only such people. I will never resent, hate, or resent anyone. Not ever. I would choose death for myself first. When that time comes, I'll probably die with a smile on my face before whoever kills me. That way, they may someday come to understand, as well.

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

• 1 month later...

Ooh, interesting topic.

My personal philosophy sings with my political views quite well. I'm an authoritarian, for example, and thus the relationship between authority and underling is very important to me. I believe that leadership positions of any kind should be based on merit and the spirit of the person. If they don't live up to their own rhetoric or have no desire to lead, and instead just want to rule they have no right to demand respect from anyone. A leader should have passion for the people they are leading, and all of their decisions should be for the wellbeing of their underling(s). Because of this I tend to have a lot of sympathy for fictional monarchs and dictators, but how much I like them depends. As respect and obedience should be earned, and laws should be based on taking care of the country and it's people, the law should be strictly enforced to protect the people. All laws should be clearly explained and be there for good reason that can be proven. The underling, or the people of the country in this case, should also be judged by their spirit and merit. So long as they obey the law and contribute to the country, they should not be discriminated against. A leader's love for his/her people is vital, spouses' love for each other is vital, a parent's love for their child is vital. Love is good. Someone who loves will be willing to fight for the people they want to protect, and thus I respect soldiers. If someone dies without passion, for a dream or a cause, their life was wasted and it is a very saddening thing.

I view Griffith from Berserk's philosophy to be very interesting. I don't agree with a lot of the things he does (especially later on). He sees everyone around him as a pawn to help him achieve his dream of having a kingdom, so much so that anyone who doesn't have their own dream isn't seen as a true friend to him. He is very selfish, but justifies it this way; "All of these people died to get me where I am today, it would be a waste of their efforts to not keep going." This is why he's so ruthless and desperate. He wanted to get there as soon as possibe so all of the mercenaries who died for him wouldn't be lost for nothing. That's why he doesn't see anything wrong with losing people in the process, he sees their following of him as a sacrifice they chose to make, although they don't know what he'll later do to them. He's such an interesting character.

Edited by A Warp Clone
Typo
  • Like 2

I haven't yet found anyone who shares exactly the same views as me but there are a few quotes that I find very fitting to describe my views.

"The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars and hatred is born to protect love." -Uchiha Madara (Naruto)
Although most people go by "good" and "bad" in this world I rarely label people as either, since I do not believe in "good" people, nor do I feel it is my right to judge another or accuse them of being "bad" ... I'm actually quicker to defend the "villains" of most things since I can always see their side and see where they're coming from. Where most people see a wicked villain, a cruel bully, or a vile creature, I see where they went wrong. Most "bad" people do what they do because of love, or because of a desire to keep peace for themselves or someone they love. Although I don't believe in "good" people, I don't automatically label them as bad either, since I see the world as being mostly grey.
Context, reason, mental state, moral state, all of these play a role in whether or not the character/person is evil or not.

"If you truly want to continue escaping from everyday life, you've no choice but to keep evolving no matter whether you're aiming higher or lower." -Orihara Izaya (Durarara!!)
I can fully agree with this statement since so many people get lost in their daily lives, their routine taking over and leaving them feeling as if they have no purpose in life. If we truly want to succeed and be more than just another cog in the machine, we need to evolve and develop.

"While you're alive, you need a reason for your existence. Being unable to find one is the same as being dead." Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
Same as I said above, if you have no reason to live and you're just following routine day after day, what's the point?

"You see, the world will not change through naïve talk." -Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)
There are so many people who think whining will fix anything. It will not. It takes leaders and soldiers, people who are willing to stand up for what they believe in, to die for what they believe in, to actually change anything ... Words alone are useless. You must be willing to defend your statements and your words. You can not talk as if you're fixing things, if you're not actually willing to go out and work hard in order to fix it.

• Agree 1

On 1/11/2018 at 8:42 PM, Rudilla said:

I don't share that opinion, those who really disturb the existence of peaceful humans shouldn't deserve to end happily after what they've done. No forgiveness, in the real world the chances of them changing is minimal unfortunately. 

Let me ask you something. If someone was to be convinced of a crime and it turns out later that it wasn't actually committed by them, but their reputation is already damaged beyond repair from the ordeal, do you think that's okay? Or let's say they did commit the crime and they serve their full sentence, they did something wrong so they should suffer some consequences. But afterwards, if they regret what they did and they want to repent, should they still be condemned by society still, never to be given a second chance? Does that sound right to you?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 10:42 PM, Rudilla said:

I don't share that opinion, those who really disturb the existence of peaceful humans shouldn't deserve to end happily after what they've done. No forgiveness, in the real world the chances of them changing is minimal unfortunately. 

I honestly have a much different view of people than most do ... In my opinion most of the world is in a very grey area. Seeing as I do not believe in "good" people and have always been more open to criminals, villains and bullies through out literature or film than most others, I do not think anyone who does something bad is automatically a "bad person".

I am a very religious person and although most religious people think sinners are evil and wicked I have always said that everyone is wicked. Everyone is evil. If sinning makes you a wicked person then everyone is guilty. However, I do not view "bad guys" the same way most people do. I often times can side with them in some way, or even fully, since I can see their side so clearly. (I am prone to seeing every side of the situation quite easily since I am very open to listening to the "villains" reasoning as well as seeing the hero's side of the story.)

Also, people tend to judge everyone quickly based on what they know, but when we do this we actually have nothing to base our opinions on other than what we've been taught, or the little we've got to see of the person. This is why I like to refrain from judging people as good or bad, I also think everyone deserves forgiveness if they are truly repentant.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

• Geano locked this topic