Help finding anime... female fighter w/ light sabers?

User McUserName

Question

Asking the experts bc it's driving me crazy.  Problem is, I only have the memory of a few details. Out on a limb here but hoping it sounds familiar to someone.

I saw a viral video going around Facebook maybe or year or two back, the title or caption over the video was something like "this anime looks amazing/ so cool" or "check out this anime" etc 

The video was either a compilation of scenes or the actual opening sequence.  The best details I can describe are two characters fighting – a guy and a girl. The girl I believe had long pigtails, short skirt, (really narrows it down, right?) but her weapon was I think 2 light sabers??

The guy did this thing where it look like he powered up midbattle – he backed up against the wall then held his head apparently in pain until his eyes shot open and he suddenly looked possessed or just way more powerful? He then engaged in battle with afore mentioned light saber chick and proceeded to kick her ass.

I know it's not much but ring any bells for anyone? TIA 👾

5 answers to this question

16 hours ago, User McUserName said:

Asking the experts bc it's driving me crazy.  Problem is, I only have the memory of a few details. Out on a limb here but hoping it sounds familiar to someone.

I saw a viral video going around Facebook maybe or year or two back, the title or caption over the video was something like "this anime looks amazing/ so cool" or "check out this anime" etc 

The video was either a compilation of scenes or the actual opening sequence.  The best details I can describe are two characters fighting – a guy and a girl. The girl I believe had long pigtails, short skirt, (really narrows it down, right?) but her weapon was I think 2 light sabers??

The guy did this thing where it look like he powered up midbattle – he backed up against the wall then held his head apparently in pain until his eyes shot open and he suddenly looked possessed or just way more powerful? He then engaged in battle with afore mentioned light saber chick and proceeded to kick her ass.

I know it's not much but ring any bells for anyone? TIA 👾

F******** SOUND LIKE SWORD ART ONLINE GUN GALE ONLINE B***************** I went a little overboard...

47f365c96b47d9d9d21e88fc2807af0e86cb459d_hq.gif.8b7e384fac3d7e2543fa9f2cac721a9d.gif

2859244.thumb.jpg.4f695827d94e3e5cb059868f2173c17f.jpg

Edited by Greeneyes
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 1

22 hours ago, Hamsloth said:

did you mean this?

Aw man this looks similar in so many ways! Not the same one but thanks for introducing me to fate/grand order! 😍

13 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

F******** SOUND LIKE SWORD ART ONLINE GUN GALE ONLINE B***************** I went a little overboard...

47f365c96b47d9d9d21e88fc2807af0e86cb459d_hq.gif.8b7e384fac3d7e2543fa9f2cac721a9d.gif

2859244.thumb.jpg.4f695827d94e3e5cb059868f2173c17f.jpg

Damn they got the sabers and errythang but sadly not the one I'm thinking of :( Thanks though much appreciated!

Edited by User McUserName
Quoted wrong reply

On 23/11/2017 at 2:34 PM, User McUserName said:

Maybe The Asterisk War (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk) ? It was a futuristic setting.

Claudia herself had two sabre weapons. But most of the series was focused around Julis (pink long hair) and Ayato... no pigtails though.

Gakusen-Toshi-Asterisk.thumb.jpg.6126863736d82901c320eb0b59582773.jpg