Anime Slump ( Any advice to get out of it? )

SleepyLeoulf

I'm not sure if anyone here has been through this before or it's just me. I have been in a anime block or slump lately and can't seem to shake it off and just watch an anime. I have though when I first joined here but now after a while I got into in this slump phase and can't seem to find something to watch and keep to that anime. Sometimes I can't make up my mind of what I want to watch first but its mainly just watching it and sticking to it. Anyone ever else felt like this before when it comes to anime? Any tips how to get out of it as well? It be much appreciated. Also anyone know of good anime old or new to watch? I don't mind either. 

That happens to me too. But I usually just flip to video gaming for a while. Seems my interests are cyclic in nature like that. It's not a bad thing really. I just sometimes am not feeling it. It helps when I'm in a slump like that to watch short anime (12 episode max anime) though occasionally a great one will cross my path that is longer and snare me all over again. It helps because the upfront commitment is much less time wise and I usually watch a greater variety in genres this way too (Which tend to pull me back in).

I watch a lot of different genres and don't care much about what demographic a title falls under, as neither of those define my enjoyment of a anime. The most important thing to me is good characters and development of those characters. So my advice to you would be to find what you enjoy most about a show and pick titles based on that factor.

Edited by Mars Terra

This happens to me a lot too. :D In my case, I just do something else. Like doing art, sketching, finishing a whole book or watch something that is not an anime (Preferably Disney Cartoons :P ). There are also times when I visit MAL and motivate myself to watch anime by reading the plots and see which I would find unique and worth watching xD It just depends really.

• Like 1

I've never had an anime slump, but whenever I'm feeling uncertain of what to watch next or what mood I'm in I'll just try some short anime in various genres, sometimes in a genre I usually don't watch.

Some suggestions: 
The Royal Tutor
Your Lie In April
Orange
Yona of the Dawn
Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun
The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall
Your Name
Little Witch Academia

I have that kind of feeling from time to time as well. It's not fun when a hobby starts to feel like a chore. I'd say don't fight it and let yourself rest until something sparks your interest again, or just watch something that doesn't require a lot of intellectual/emotional investment, like a slice of life or comedy.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

Thank you for everyone's advice and how they deal with it if your in a slump or anime block. I am watching anime again but taking my time with it, and also currently making a list of what to watch next after I finish the one I'm watching now which is. Little Witch Academia on Netflix season 2. Take care everyone~ 

tumblr_n72jzc4DHp1rtkd6fo1_500.gif.8b13bddea4119bca0b7631f0d4e6c404.gif

• Geano locked this topic