BREAKING: new Digimon series announced

valerauko

Are you looking forward to the new Digimon series?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the new Digimon series?

• Yes
    • Yes

That's awesome news! But it does make you wonder what took Toei so long to consider making a follow up series to Adventure?

Needless to say the original Adventure/02 series has a really strong fan base even after all this time. Really look forward to it.

Be good to see the old crew in HD too.

onion-glasses

• Agree 1

OMG I am so excited about this!! But I wonder if the Characters from Adventure 02 will be there too? =)

It is very interesting to read fan's reactions on LiveJournal. A lot of them would like to not see the 02 characters back. A lot of them only liked Ken! I bet they will be in it.

It is very interesting to read fan's reactions on LiveJournal. A lot of them would like to not see the 02 characters back. A lot of them only liked Ken! I bet they will be in it.

I am the only one then that has 02 as her favourite digimon season haha. =)

I really liked Ken and Davis!! =) But Ken & Yolei are a couple so I wonder who will appear and who won't.

@valerauko, do you know if the original Japanese cast will be returning for the main characters? And of course if there is an English dub, there'll be that question too. Though that will be a much later question of course. :P

I am the only one then that has 02 as her favourite digimon season haha. =)

I really liked Ken and Davis!! =) But Ken & Yolei are a couple so I wonder who will appear and who won't.

Well people liked the season they just didn't like the characters. Plus this season will be about before they got married... perhaps Yolei and Ken won't be a couple until much later on.

@valerauko, do you know if the original Japanese cast will be returning for the main characters? And of course if there is an English dub, there'll be that question too. Though that will be a much later question of course. :P

The English dub cast will return probably since they did so a few years back to dub the movies - all except Tai though since his English dub voice actor retired.

I don't know any details yet either. I guess the countdown on the site (disguised as the DigiEgg everyone pets) will end in a week or so and we'll find out more.

Adventure and 02 are a continuity though, unlike the later series all set in new timelines, so it'd be kinda weird if a series set in the future of Adventure/02 wouldn't have any references (at least) to 02 characters.

Let's not forget about the ending scene in the 02 final either, with all the cast grown up having kids etc. Will they retcon that non-canon or go along with already established pairings? By fixing Tai as the central figure of the season, their options for introducing a brand new cast are quite limited too.

• Like 1

I don't know any details yet either. I guess the countdown on the site (disguised as the DigiEgg everyone pets) will end in a week or so and we'll find out more.

Adventure and 02 are a continuity though, unlike the later series all set in new timelines, so it'd be kinda weird if a series set in the future of Adventure/02 wouldn't have any references (at least) to 02 characters.

Let's not forget about the ending scene in the 02 final either, with all the cast grown up having kids etc. Will they retcon that non-canon or go along with already established pairings? By fixing Tai as the central figure of the season, their options for introducing a brand new cast are quite limited too.

Im so glad that they are doing this though! I think every person who watched Adventure/02 are really excited! I feel like rewatching it all =)

I'm a bit skeptical. I'm worried that through all the hype and anticipation ... this is going to turn out to be a major let down. They waited so long to do this follow up. I just feel like there's so much they can do wrong that it doesn't leave a large window for the right. I personally will be disappointed if they don't bring back all the original characters for the series. I'd also like to know what the point is. Why bring them back if the next generation of digidestined had already been born (02). It seems a bit sketchy but I'll still check it out just for nostalgia's sake.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the obvious target are us, people who grew up watching Adventure and identifying with the characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something more mature, though I can't really see how could they fit that into the mostly young kid-oriented Digimon business model. Maybe they're counting on the gamer group of our generation?

• Geano locked this topic