Meeting Friends and Girls with same interests!

LemonBoi

So i'm a very busy person, i don't get to meet a lot of new people and the ones i do  are not my type because its usually at clubs and drinking with friends and  other High School kids

Even tho i have an active and a social life style i still want to use some of my free time doing lazy fun stuff   :P like watching Netflix, some anime , gaming , basiclly spending time online .

The thing is that i spend most of my time w people that are active like me so every day i have school, training, a bit of guitar practice and then on work days i have an hour or 2 of free PC time, in that time i have been struggling to make online friends which i used to find it easier to talk with then real life friends. Also  i am kinda sad because the perfect cute nerdy girl i want is  not gonna be outside for me to meet her . But rather inside watching anime and gaming :(

Not sure if this is an introduction type thread you made.. but hey welcome to the forum I hope you enjoy your stay here. That's good you have an active life outside the internet though. True, sometimes finding people who have stuff in common with you can be tricky but there a few people still out there just got to keep looking. But being online can be fun as well and some prefer it more than in real life things or people. Online friends are also nice to have but having people in person is a bit better since you can actually see them on a daily bases but nothing wrong with having online and in person friends too.  There is someone out there for everyone since the world is made for people to find  each other. So you never know you might meet someone down the line, just never stop being yourself and maybe you'll find them or them find you.

• Friendly 1

OH hello there man i did not expect an answer this fast :D!

Yeah i have real life friends and i appreciate them but there is something about those night long talks over team speak i used to have w my online friend , we could just stop gaming and talk for hours whiles sending memes and links , and when i was younger those Skype calls w cute girls also ahahah i miss that ... i don't regret getting out of my comfort zone to work out, look/feel better and meet real people but still id be lying if i said i didn't miss those kinda talks :P.

OH sorry :/ yeah the thing is ... here where i'm from watching anime and spending time on PC is considered lame ... i don't rly care what they say because i still socialize and workout and stuff but i'm 17 and yeah ahaha i cant ask people (girls) do u game / spend time online without sounding kinda lame and giving off the stereotype "no life, gamer" VIBE.

It's alright. Yeah some places are like that where people don't really get the whole anime thing or spending time on the PC a lot. I think that's anywhere really. No I would be just yourself and do what you like or love to do and don't care what others think of you, if they are a true friend they would accept you for you. Just my opinion. And true some girls could take that the wrong way but you never know. 

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:55 PM, LemonBoi said:

OH sorry :/ yeah the thing is ... here where i'm from watching anime and spending time on PC is considered lame ... i don't rly care what they say because i still socialize and workout and stuff but i'm 17 and yeah ahaha i cant ask people (girls) do u game / spend time online without sounding kinda lame and giving off the stereotype "no life, gamer" VIBE.

Really?  I would think that would be a really fast method of weeding out the ones you aren't looking for.  Truth be told, as a girl who talks about anime and gaming, I have found that the people who look down on gaming oftentimes are not worth my time (they tend to be very self-absorbed people in my experience. If you are looking down on a gamer, what makes you think yourself so much better, after all?).  Hmmm...not really sure what kind of high school you're in to be honest.  When I was in high school, you weren't popular unless you were smart and being "geeky" was not considered a disadvantage to your character.  If anything, it added to your character.  My high school class had big plans, that being said haha ^_^ 

• Agree 2

Internet social life is where its at in my opinion, I have no intention of making friends outside of online.

If you want to meet other nerds and the like you should just tell your real life friends to leave you alone more so you can have more time online. Its not hard to find fellow nerds, geeks and anime/video game fans online, they are everywhere.

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎04 at 5:55 PM, LemonBoi said:

This is ridiculous, if you meet a girl and you feel ashamed of gaming and don't tell her how does that make anything better? Don't you plan to keep gaming? Yes, I assume you do and if she cant accept that then I say she is not worth the time.

Gaming is an honorable past-time in my opinion, there is a lot that goes into it as I continue to learn as I study all the frame data of over 50+ character's in Tekken, its time consuming and requires a lot of skill as well as smarts. People who don't realise this are ridiculous, they look down on gamers as being losers although they must have hobbies as well, I mean seriously, how is reading a book or knitting better than playing a video-game? Its not but people will try to say it is with really no proof that it is, its just that they have a stereo-type against gamers.

Be proud of being a nerd and don't feel ashamed to tell a girl you like that you are one, that's how I think.

• Like 1

@SAO LILDOOP True, now a days online is where most people are who are into geeky / nerdy things such as anime, movies, video games, and etc.. But there are still people out there in real life who also share the same passions as you do and everyone here. It maybe just be hard to find people if your friends with them and  can still respect you if  your into one of those things if there a true friend they will. Friends don't always have to like what you do but still listen to you about it and support you. I had people like that in my life and yeah it does suck a bit that they don't get it or want to get into it or thinks it lame. But still there are others out there in real life who do get it and are into the same things as you. I just wouldn't give up is all. Everywhere around the world is different but I know people still exists who are into stuff like anime as people on here are. I myself are and introvert and also very shy and suffer from social anxiety as well. So I find more comfort online making friends. But does not mean I would like some in person I just don't right now have none. 

I also think since technology is much more advance than back in the day and still growing as well the internet that people tend more to be online, social media, and so on.. So it's like a new kind of fad or something like that can't find the right word for it, my bad ^^;; But none the less online for people is more comfortable, for some. But still I would try and get outside more in real life and meet people. Don't have to be friends with them just talk to people and if your shy or have a hard time with it take baby steps. The world is meant for people to find each other. Some prefer online more than in real life which I see no harm in. But still would try in person as well.

-----

( just answering in general )

Now for meeting girls I know there are girls out there who will respect you if you game, like anime and whatever else your into. Some might be into it more and some might not. My mother does not care too much for my step father gaming but she still respects it and tires to listen and be there supporting him even though she don't get it much or care for it really. So each girl is different if you want to meet someone but you never know. Like I said the world is meant for people to find each other you never know someone could find you. Wouldn't give up hope though.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic