PSYCHO PASS: Surveillence for a civil society ??

graphene

The series has a bold new conception of a alternative system of society where a person's behaviour and tendencies are determined by the biometric scan value surrounding her called the psycho pass.

How right do you feel this system is ?

In the era of mass data repositories and surveillance, every move and behaviour of a person can be similarly determined by tech-giants and the government. They know what we are looking for, what we are thinking off and what we are preparing for. Unless a person is living totally cut-off from any kind of communication devices, his/her whole life can be mapped through the data intercepted without his awareness. So, can a person be judged on this basis to form the base of the so-called "utopian-society".......

Do write your views on it........

bce58362d727910be4debaa61aaf1e9b.jpg

Edited by graphene
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rudilla said:

If that was possible, I think in actuality it wouldn't be a bad idea. True that you would lose a lot of intimacy, but I'm really sure it would solve many crimes and major problems more important than your own intimacy. I have to think about it more deeply though before saying a firm 'yes'.

in psycho pass, they have shown that the system won't do good because at the end of the day, you can't predict what a person will do ultimately but preventing it only on basis of a persons' tendencies. So, it surely is a faulty system because then there could be some people who can deceive system through one means or the other.

But the serial is not like an Artificial intelligence, the era in which we have entered. So, a person can deceive a system only once but no other person can then repeat it since AI can evolve itself continuously. Question is whether any such kind of technocratic system can ever surpass human intellect since AI has the ability to pose existential threat to humans.........

Just something to ponder upon while we leapfrog more and more bounds of technology....... 

• Agree 1

• graphene changed the title to PSYCHO PASS: Surveillence for a civil society ??
32 minutes ago, graphene said:

in psycho pass, they have shown that the system won't do good because at the end of the day, you can't predict what a person will do ultimately but preventing it only on basis of a persons' tendencies. So, it surely is a faulty system because then there could be some people who can deceive system through one means or the other.

But the serial is not like an Artificial intelligence, the era in which we have entered. So, a person can deceive a system only once but no other person can then repeat it since AI can evolve itself continuously. Question is whether any such kind of technocratic system can ever surpass human intellect since AI has the ability to pose existential threat to humans.........

Just something to ponder upon while we leapfrog more and more bounds of technology....... 

Oh I see what you mean... in that case I have to agree with you, it wouldn't be stable enough.