DEATH NOTE: The idea of "FAIR JUSTICE"

graphene

As martin luther king jr. said: "injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"........

I am sure most of you people have seen death note based purely on the question of the way of deliverance of justice (by kira).

So, what is your conception and meaning of justice ?? Do you think kira was right in the way he acted for justice. Why and why not ??

a325d0efad29a4f37b19dd4a11202b4f--dark-anime-lights.jpg

Edited by graphene

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 7:39 PM, Rudilla said:

I haven't watched Death Note myself yet, but my vision on justice is very clear: Anyone commiting any sort of action which disturbs the existence of others, without consent and a valid reason for all, should be punished.

Then comes the question: Should every disturbance be punished with death? If at all? I still don't know myself, because in the end, I do have the feeling that some people do not deserve their existence, why should they live when they bring nothing but chaos? No matter if they're also 'humans', a murderer is a murdeder.

I am sorry for late reply. I was thinking on what you wrote and took me some time to get my views organized.

I felt the same on the point that why should one bringing chaos should live. But when I thought deeply about it,  I felt there could be other side to this also. Doesn't the one bringing chaos helps improve humankind altogether ? Everytime someone commits a crime, it sure cause a hurt and loss to people whose damage is irreparable. But then, there is also a chance to understand human behaviour through someone who commits crime. It tells the sources of vices coming in people and ways to mend it so that it can be prevented in future at mass level and thus help in betterment of the society. Also, sometimes, a crime is not committed out of interest but out of situation, circumstances and conditions and man's inability to understand it thus committing a mistake in form of crime. So how to decide whether to give the person a retribution or a chance of redemption? Won't a culture of absolute retribution will create an atmosphere of fear in the mind of every citizen so much that he/she becomes apprehensive (not careful) in doing anything that may be counted as crime and not a mistake for once so that he/she may have a chance to  correct themselves before they are given capital punishment directly for committing it again if which case there killing can be justified for the sake of society ??

Edited by graphene
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Rudilla said:

Your reply is very clearly developed, I understand what you meant and it's indeed true, I had not thought about that, but it's correct that terrible crimes dissuade people from committing worse, at least generally, so in certain situations you are right.

Do watch death note too @rudilla whenever u find time. It's among top three of the most loved anime on all time best anime list worldwide. :) has a rating of 9.3 around even after a near million votes.

Edited by graphene
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think that kira went too far with his so called justice. He himself would have been the last evil person if his plan had been completed (as ryuk once said).  I think that the real moral of the show is that no human should have that kind of power it will drive them mad. But L is also wrong. I think if you want real justice delivered you have to step out the barriers a little bit - batman is a good example of someone who steps out the barrier and gets the job done  even though things can get hectic sometimes. I think that its impossible for complete justice to exist and no person can carry out the role of bringing complete justice. Its a complicated subject and could be studied from many different angles with many different opinions but noone knows for sure. Anyway thats just a little of what I thought about the meaning of justice in the show. 

• 1 month later...

I do not believe Light was in the right, at least not in the end. If he had completed what he was doing, he would have been the only criminal left on earth, making the biggest hypocrite of all. I do however believe how he started was just, he killed criminals and only criminals and as he said, someone had to do it, he took it upon himself as his burden and he carried it out very well up until he decided he was God.

Honestly, I didn't have much of a problem with him at first, yes I would not kill unless it were to protect someone else and I didn't see the point in him killing already jailed convicts but from his original point of view, honestly I didn't think he was a bad person. I definitely would not have done away with the deathnote and depending on the situation I may have even used it myself, like when Light saw on the news the hostage situation and how the hostages were going to be killed and he wrote the criminals name in the note, I feel he was fully justified and in the right in doing so.