Does anyone watch ghibli movies

Animewolf07

I just joined so this might be a little eh.... But does anyone watch ghibli movies like Nausicaa of the valley of the wind , My Neighbor Totoro, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service , Howl,s Moving Castle etc. I love his work tell me what you think. Whats your favorite?

Ghibli.jpg

• Like 1

Brilliant topic and I was hoping someone would make this kind of one. (y) Well.... this is a really hard one for me. Before I really found about the whole "Studio Ghibli" thing I always thought it was just some animation movie when I saw a couple of them. But later down the line I found out more about them and they people who made these wonderful touching films that make me so happy when I watch them, I'd never get bored re watching them. My favorite that brought me into the world more would be Spirited Away. My second would be Princess Mononoke, that my father introduced me too. I really adore the story and it has such beautiful scenery in the film.. plus got to love those wolves. <3 Ooooh and the soots sprites too! I named my pet bunny Soot since she was all black. Man I miss her.. 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

My favorites are HMC, PM, and SA.

However, I learned from watching his works, that he must really like girls with short hair. Even if they don't start out with short hair, it usually is short by the end. Nothing wrong about that truthfully.  It's an artist thing I can only surmise. I took my mom to a Picasso exhibit once and learned he had a foot obsession and pretty much invented putting stick figures in compromising positions lol. Had to apologize to my mom for that for showing her that on Mother's Day lol.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

57 minutes ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

Brilliant topic and I was hoping someone would make this kind of one. (y) Well.... this is a really hard one for me. Before I really found about the whole "Studio Ghibli" thing I always thought it was just some animation movie when I saw a couple of them. But later down the line I found out more about them and they people who made these wonderful touching films that make me so happy when I watch them, I'd never get bored re watching them. My favorite that brought me into the world more would be Spirited Away. My second would be Princess Mononoke, that my father introduced me too. I really adore the story and it has such beautiful scenery in the film.. plus got to love those wolves. <3 Ooooh and the soots sprites too! I named my pet bunny Soot since she was all black. Man I miss her.. 

I also adore princess mononoke. The wolves in that movie are great I've drawn them many times. I have to agree with you no matter how many times I watch ghibli movies they never sees to put a smile on my face.

• Like 1

I know I intended to reply to this thread last time I swung by here, now I'm not sure why I didn't. Anyways, on topic, all of my yes goes to Studio Ghibli films, and not just Miyazaki ones either. I have watched every single Studio Ghibli film more than three times, even darker ones like Grave of the Fireflies and Princess Mononoke. I am one of the biggest fans of their films ever, and how can you not be. There's something about the quality of Ghibli film that others cannot compare to, and while even Ghibli has one or two movies that are a little weird, they are still great to watch. I make it a point, and have ever since I could, to watch Howl's Moving Castle and From Up on Poppy Hill at least once a year as they are two of my favorite Ghibli films. I also really enjoy The Wind Rises, despite the obvious controversy that comes with focusing on a creator of plains that were used for war, simply because I love how I can look at one scene and think, "oh that one reminds of Kiki's Delivery Service" or "That reminds me of Ponyo" and on and on that can go. When I saw that film in theaters, I had a smile from ear to ear through most of it. And that's Ghibli films for me in general, I felt all the emotions of when Marnie was here, I enjoyed the simple lives of "My Neighbors the Yamada's, and I loved the retelling and amazing art style of one Japan's most classic tales as Isao Takahata's farewell film. There really isn't anything Ghibli has done that I don't find to be amazing in one way or another, even in cases like Pom Poko, which is more funny and over the top than anything else. Studio Ghibli is a prime example of how do animation right, and I hope for generations to come, people learn from them to try as best they can to match that quality.   

• 1 month later...

Ghibli is widely considered to be the best anime movie producer is all of japan. The movies you listed were directed by Hayao Miyazaki. He is considered the best director in all of anime. He recently came out of retirement for one last movie. my personal favorite of his movies is Princess Mononoke. 

On 1/17/2018 at 2:05 PM, Loralai said:

Ghibli is widely considered to be the best anime movie producer is all of japan. The movies you listed were directed by Hayao Miyazaki. He is considered the best director in all of anime. He recently came out of retirement for one last movie. my personal favorite of his movies is Princess Mononoke. 

I sincerely wish that more Japanese studios would aspire to be like them and produce quality over quantity. I don't think that there's a title I don't enjoy of theirs. 

Edited by Oakmi
Sorry, typos and misspelling is atrocious today.

On 1/17/2018 at 12:05 PM, Loralai said:

Just to clarify, you're talking about my post right, because I distinctly mentioned a few films not directed by him like From Up on Poppy Hill which was directed by his son Goro Miyazaki, or When Marnie Was Here which was directed by Hiromasa Yonebayashi and My Neighbors The Yamada's which was directed by Isao Takahata.  

ofc, I just watched Spirited Away for the 1,920,563.7 th time last night and I'm going to watch Ponyo for the 452,424 th time tonight.

I have Porco Rosso the Crimson Pig , Nausicaa of the valley of the wind and Spirited Away in my disc movie collection (where I have a ton of movies till I stopped , a large amount were ex rentals esp when rentals stores shut around here

I also have a heap of digital TV recorded ones  on my pc (as its a HTPC) like Ponyo , My Neighbor Totoro , Kiki's Delivery Service , Howl,s Moving Castle etc

bout the only two that I don't think ive seen (but know of them as I do plan to watch them some time) are Princess Mononoke and grave of the fire flies

Edited by Wodahs

• Geano locked this topic