Open Club  ·  181 members

Anime Noobs

How did you get into anime?

Trhhhiskers

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2017 at 4:40 AM, Roxeg said:

When I was little I used to watch the Pokemon anime and sometimes DBZ too, until recently (two years ago) I had not watched another kind of anime and I'm glad I found some really interesting ones.

What do you like to see in an anime? I bet peeps here could give you a bunch of good suggestions and where to find them :)

Started with DBZ then some kid showed me stacks of ecchi in 4th grade and after that it took off. FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Galaxy Angels, Ghost in the Shell

2 hours ago, Ashtree_Sage said:

What do you like to see in an anime? I bet peeps here could give you a bunch of good suggestions and where to find them :)

Started with DBZ then some kid showed me stacks of ecchi in 4th grade and after that it took off. FLCL, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Galaxy Angels, Ghost in the Shell

In fact I'm good with any anime which tells a good story, no matter the genre. Recently I've watched suggestions from friends from here and it's going alright.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

I've been watching anime every once in a while for almost a year now. The first one I watched was Attack on Titan on Netfilx because my younger brother, who was 13 at the time, told me it was actually pretty good. After I finished AOT I loved it but didn't watch anything again until about a 1 & 1/2 years later when I randomly had the urge to watch Death Note. I literally watched all 37 episodes in less than 3 days and I kinda fell in love with anime after that. My total anime watched is 9.3 days worth with 22 shows completed though I still consider myself an "anime noob". While I have heard of a lot of titles and have been keeping up to date with what's new, I still feel really inexperienced. Well, I joined this club and there's that. Nice to meet you all.  

Edited by TyCoya
fixed a sentence

• 2 weeks later...

it's kind of always been there. my brother and i grew up watching DBZ, pokemon, digimon, and other shows on tunami. i started reading manga when i found cased closed  (i was 7 so arguably too young to be reading it). I kinda left it for a bit in high school, but started watching HunterxHunter and dove back into anime and manga. I even caught up with Naruto Shippuden right before it ended, though i cant say my schoolwork benefitted.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 2010 someone I had played Tennis with recommended I try watching One Piece. I loved it. But this was right around the time before the time skip. Once I was caught up I wanted more, which got me into manga. Read up to the beginning of Fishman Island. Then I wanted to read more, so Berserk it was. One Piece started it all for me.

My girlfriend recommended Your Lie in April to me, and I really enjoyed the art style. From there, I watched Re:Zero, and I've been watching ever since. As an athlete and bodybuilder, people don't really see me as the anime-watching type, but I believe that it can be for everyone.