Open Club  ·  181 members

Anime Noobs

Is your family open to anime?

Trhhhiskers

My family is more accepting then they would be if it weren't for my oldest brother getting me into DBZ at such a young age. My dad was also stationed in Korea looooong ago (like the late 80s I think) and read manga while there, but outside of my household its almost completely taboo.  I avoid talking about anime while visiting grandparents and others. I am the only otaku in my family and I am OK with that. :kiss::?:-/

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hahaha open? As in okay with me watching? I suppose but just like any other “niche” hobby it’s one of those “I’m in it alone” things. Pretty difficult to find friends into it as well.

On 12/18/2017 at 11:52 PM, Frith said:

Yeah, no one in my family really has any interest in it but me. And I was one of those kids who wasn't allowed to watch Pokémon because it was satanic. 

That’s insane! I get it though, some of my family were jahovas witnesses and I wasn’t allowed to watch or play anything that would “expose” me to anything that went against the belief. Totally did though xD 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My mother found K-ON! to be fricken hilarious, so that answers that question. :P

My father is indifferent to anime.

At work, I do try to avoid talking about anime unless of course my colleagues like anime. :)

• 3 weeks later...

They dont watch it themselves. like none of my family does. and i mean this includes aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents. But they allow me to talk about it to them even if they have no idea what im talking about. they have also tried getting me anime merchandise but never know where to look. lol its quite funny. Right now and im not sure why but i am currently obsessed with Deku Midoriya. just the anime itself i love but deku.. i dunno.. somethings different lol.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hmm, I realy cann't say my family allow me to watch anime, but, when they see me failing in my study, or forget my chores at home, they will scold me and say that manga and anime bring nothing except failure