any good anime with good romance?

FT_Boczek

So....would've been nice to know what you've already seen (and what you might not like)....anyways, hope there are some anime in this list that you haven't seen yet.

1.  Ah! My Goddess - older anime, very sweet romance.  It's impossible not to love Belldandy really.  Some comedy.  It's really a classic in my eyes.  I'm glad I got it when I did.  Took me years to get around to watching it (I really don't have much time) but it was worth it.

2.  Brighter than the Dawning Blue -  I actually liked this one.  I bought this one blind (I buy a lot of my anime blind) and was pleasantly surprised by it.  It has some pretty typical tropes, comedy...heartfelt first meeting plotlines you may come to expect from romance anime, but I felt it was pretty good overall.

3.  His and Her Circumstances  -  So...the manga is great.  A really great read.  The anime is pretty good up until the last few episodes (supposedly the last few episodes was the producers way of antagonizing the author...real mature) and worth checking out if you haven't already. 

4.  MY love STORY!  -  Hmmm....well....boy saves girl, girl falls in love with boy, boy thinks she loves best friend...comedy then occurs.  Truthfully, if you haven't seen this one, you should put it on your list.  It is hilarious, weird, and aww inducing. 

5.  UFO Ultramaiden - So...only put this on your list if you like frustrating and annoying characters.  Valkyrie crashes into the main protagonist's bathhouse on Earth and saves his life (after nearly killing him by reckless driving?) by using part of her soul to support his own.  This somehow turns her into a child.  She can become an adult (and do magical girl like things with her transformation from his kiss) and they fall in love.  That being said....her kid form has one volume (LOUD) and her adult form doesn't stick around as much as one would like.  It is an interesting conundrum.  It's also an older anime...very episodic in nature, with an overarching storyline dropped in every now and then....

6.  The Future Diary  -  Now some of you are saying "Romance!?  That Cat must be CRAZY!".  Well....Future Diary shows you exactly how Crazy....love can be.  You have two main protagonists...the guy and the girl who stalks the guy.  It is horror so watch with caution if you aren't into that genre.  However, for romance, I think it deserves a spot on the list.  Certainly it isn't a traditional romance but it is a romance nonetheless.

7.  Crest/Banner of the Stars - Space Opera....how I love thee.  So, if you are into the gradual build to a romance with lots of character building along the way, look no further!  When I say it is gradual...I really mean it.  That being said, I feel that the romance is meaningful.  It was really well done.  I still wish they had continued it on anime (I read the books too but for me nothing beats seeing it on the screen).

8.  Kanon - it's a harem anime.  It is very easy to see the harem. That being said, it is one of the most tragic stories I have watched.  Might be worth a try if you are willing.

9.  Norn9  -  To me, this is a straight up romance anime.  Some people like to put it in the reverse harem category (it does have a lot of guys in it) and I can see why, but the romance is pretty clear from the start.  It's short, 12 episodes maybe...Japanese voiced only (with subs of course).  There is a lot going on in the anime and it is crafted very well.  One of my favorite romance anime I'd say. 

10.  Snow White with the Red Hair -  another one that many of us would put into a reverse harem category.  Still, the romance is sweet, relatively clear who your main protagonists are from the start, and Shirayuki's strength of character is by far the reason I love her so much.  You can't help but cheer her on.  What I find really refreshing with this one is the resolve of the characters. 

So, let me know which ones you'd seen before (and which you are planning to see) and what you thought of them.  Straight up romance wasn't something I really went out of my way to collect for years and years though these days I'm pulled more and more towards them.  Maturing tastes, eh?

An afterthought:  In thinking of what my best friend would say, although I was not into the first few episodes (I was probably scarred by watching a terrible OVA that recapped the harem bleh!), check out Sword Art Online...first season?  Anyways...I was told it was good up until the romance was cultivated and wrapped up....and that that was the only part I should bother watching haha....Anyways, if you are up for it, try it.

• Like 1

I have some romance anime for you:

-Kaichou wa maid-sama 

-Toradora!

Some sad anime that  have romance:

-Clannad (afterstory)

-Shigatsu wa kimi no uso (your lie in april)

-plastic memories

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2017 at 11:20 AM, nxs said:

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso (your lie in april)

Forgot about that one, smashing success and great story! (y) Highly recommend though it is sad...

Edited by Oakmi

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aniblog here.

No one has mentioned Itakiss, or Itazura na Kiss (Teasing  Kiss).

The animation maybe a bit old but it was still good for a 2008 anime.

This is one of the first anime I've watched that follows the protagonists story from High school to Adult hood with all the ups and downs.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/3731/Itazura_na_Kiss

List Below of other good Romance:

Working Season 1 - Season 3
Ore no imouto konani kawaii wake ga nai (My little sister can't be this cute)
Sword Art Online
Tsurezure children
Nisekoi
Nana
Toradora!
Kokoro Connect
Sukite ii na yo (Say I love you)
Lovely complex
Shigatsu wa kimi no uso (Your lie in April)
Nodame cantabille
Kimi no todoke
Kaichou wa maid sama
Kimi to Boku
Re:Life
Ookami to Kyoushinryou (Wolf and spice)
Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Yosuga no sora
Kyoukai no kanata
Oremonogatari
Orange