STEINS;GATE : Do we really need to change our past ?

graphene

Steins:gate, a series which is personally one of the closest to my heart, which presents a simple question to you; Do you really need to change your past in order to correct your mistakes or fulfill your wish OR should you accept whatever happens to you in your life as a matter of fate and live accordingly.

The story in steins: gate has raised this question very eloquently in which the protagonist okabe rintarou accidentally invents a time machine which can send message back to past and thus modifying decisions in order to correct the future which is the present. But he does all this only to realize in the end how wrong he was and that the past should't be tampered with or else it turns into a disaster.

But I am still open to discuss views on what do you feel regarding changing the past. DO you think it's okay to change some of past and that there could be ways by which an ideal future can be achieved or that it could turn into a wrong future with lots of misuses of time machine by the authorities or persons possessing such power or technology.

On a side note, if you haven't seen the series, I would by full heart recommend you to see it. If you are starting it, sustain it till 8-9th episode until which point you start generating interest and it becomes heart-throbbing. This was the first series after watching number of series to which I gave a full rating of 10.

Do present your views after you see and think about it. :)9_9

steins_gate___future_gadget_lab_members_by_calpulz-d71js27.jpg

Edited by graphene

20 hours ago, graphene said:

Steins:gate, a series which is personally one of the closest to my heart, which presents a simple question to you; Do you really need to change your past in order to correct your mistakes or fulfill your wish OR should you accept whatever happens to you in your life as a matter of fate and live accordingly.

The story in steins: gate has raised this question very eloquently in which the protagonist okabe rintarou accidentally invents a time machine which can send message back to past and thus modifying decisions in order to correct the future which is the present. But he does all this only to realize in the end how wrong he was and that the past should't be tampered with or else it turns into a disaster.

But I am still open to discuss views on what do you feel regarding changing the past. DO you think it's okay to change some of past and that there could be ways by which an ideal future can be achieved or that it could turn into a wrong future with lots of misuses of time machine by the authorities or persons possessing such power or technology.

On a side note, if you haven't seen the series, I would by full heart recommend you to see it. If you are starting it, sustain it till 8-9th episode until which point you start generating interest and it becomes heart-throbbing. This was the first series after watching number of series to which I gave a full rating of 10.

Do present your views after you see and think about it. :)9_9

steins_gate___future_gadget_lab_members_by_calpulz-d71js27.jpg

I'll also think about watching this one, to answer the question, this is a topic I've already thought about not so long ago. These are the facts:

You are who you are in this very moment thanks to (or because of) all the events which happened to you during all your life so far, which means that if you even slightly modified one of them, it could have made a really big difference in the long scale. It's the butterfly effect, a tiny change in your life can make a huge difference in the future, even decisive of your own fate and your personality, how it will evolve and how it will remain in the end, because it all adds up to what I call 'experience'.

Personally, I wouldn't want to undo anything I did in the past, I know I could be better, but I'm afraid that there are more chances of ruining myself by removing or adding certain events that if I do nothing. I wouldn't want to go to the past, not even to the future to see what I end up like, even if I keep saying "Knowledge is power", in this case it would be very likely to ruin your current personality. After all, we learn from mistakes, right? And if we undo the mistakes we did, sure, the bad thing didn't happen in the first place, but without you learning the lesson soon enough, you could be causing bigger trouble later on. That's my view on it.

Changing the past is changing your experience, think twice before wanting to mess up something as 'deadly' and decisive as that.

Great topic, by the way.

21 hours ago, Rudilla said:

I'll also think about watching this one, to answer the question, this is a topic I've already thought about not so long ago. These are the facts:

You are who you are in this very moment thanks to (or because of) all the events which happened to you during all your life so far, which means that if you even slightly modified one of them, it could have made a really big difference in the long scale. It's the butterfly effect, a tiny change in your life can make a huge difference in the future, even decisive of your own fate and your personality, how it will evolve and how it will remain in the end, because it all adds up to what I call 'experience'.

Personally, I wouldn't want to undo anything I did in the past, I know I could be better, but I'm afraid that there are more chances of ruining myself by removing or adding certain events that if I do nothing. I wouldn't want to go to the past, not even to the future to see what I end up like, even if I keep saying "Knowledge is power", in this case it would be very likely to ruin your current personality. After all, we learn from mistakes, right? And if we undo the mistakes we did, sure, the bad thing didn't happen in the first place, but without you learning the lesson soon enough, you could be causing bigger trouble later on. That's my view on it.

Changing the past is changing your experience, think twice before wanting to mess up something as 'deadly' and decisive as that.

Great topic, by the way.

thanks for your excellent views @rudilla.......... your valuable mature response is always awaited from my side......

yeah, the butterfly effect you talked about is what's shown very beautifully in steins;gate in which okabe (protagonist) thinks changing past slightly won't make much difference in present untill he realizes that even the slightest of changes can erase the existence of some of people around him. So, your view in this regard, each and every word are absolutely spot on.

It has been brilliantly shown in the series how if time travel becomes possible, time will become a weapon for states to fight between each other surpassing the power of nuclear weapons and how there could be a race between countries for achieving this weapon and can destroy the humanity.

So, watch and enjoy the series: a must recommended from me and let me know if you get some new things generated in your mind regarding the theme of the anime. 9_9:):angel:

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

28 minutes ago, graphene said:

thanks for your excellent views @rudilla.......... your valuable mature response is always awaited from my side......

yeah, the butterfly effect you talked about is what's shown very beautifully in steins;gate in which okabe (protagonist) thinks changing past slightly won't make much difference in present untill he realizes that even the slightest of changes can erase the existence of some of people around him. So, your view in this regard, each and every word are absolutely spot on.

It has been brilliantly shown in the series how if time travel becomes possible, time will become a weapon for states to fight between each other surpassing the power of nuclear weapons and how there could be a race between countries for achieving this weapon and can destroy the humanity.

So, watch and enjoy the series: a must recommended from me and let me know if you get some new things generated in your mind regarding the theme of the anime. 9_9:):angel:

That's right, I'll make sure to watch it soon, it really sounds intriguing as story.