Jormungand

Norvath

In the anime Jormungand the main character objective is to save the earth and all that live on it is by taking away the ability to travel by air Via Satellite.

But the way she will achieve this by sacrificing the lives of many in the process. In her eyes she is doing a great deed but some see it as mass murder.

What is your thoughts on the way she is doing it.

Around 700,000 people would die and she believes she would be preventing future wars. She's also arms dealer and that how she funds her ambitions so she indirectly killed thousands of people.

Edited by Norvath
More to add on topic

21 hours ago, Norvath said:

In the anime Jormungand the main character objective is to save the earth and all that live on it is by taking away the ability to travel by air Via Satellite.

But the way she will achieve this by sacrificing the lives of many in the process. In her eyes she is doing a great deed but some see it as mass murder.

What is your thoughts on the way she is doing it.

wow, interesting plot....... will watch it. Sorry i didn't got any notification of this thread I don't know why. couldn't find details related to travel by satellite and world peace on internet although.

But it seems promising to watch and find something new.So, added to watch-list.

This plot reminded of fullmetal alchemist in which some people justified killing of some people to create philosopher's stone and that the protagonist (our hero) is totally against it even when he need the stone for his brother badly. However, it doesn't focus on world peace mainly.

however, there are two sides to this philosophy at every place: is it justified killing few for many OR is loss of even a single life justified ? my inclination is towards latter i.e. how is even a single life for the sake of everyone else is justified. And even if justified for the sake of whole of humanity, who decides whose life should be taken ? Since no one can be considered god, thus no one clearly has the authority to decide whose life can be taken since everyone life is equally precious in some respect.

Thus, my conclusion is that koko, even while having good intentions of killing for future world peace can''t be justified until and unless a person's life is taken for criminal deeds and intentions and that too done by way of law.

Thanks for the nice topic @Norvath....

@Rudilla, looks like we have a flood of series to be watched based on club recommendations soon..... :DB|

• Agree 1