Whats your gaming rig?

Greeneyes

So I am wondering:

1. Do you play games?

2. What games?

and what do you use to play them?

For me I play csgo mainly along this a few sim games and fantasies!

As for my rig I got my final part for this build! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7mBkCy

But I am right now and have been using my laptop with 16g ram, Intel I7, 1050 ti GPU its not the best but it works for what I am currently playing/watching!

I don't game as much as I like - that whole life & priorities thing - but I definitely like playing games.  :D  Lately I've been kind of fixated on a kind of space sim or sandbox called Kerbal Space Program.  It's a hoot if you're into physics or space exploration, and works great on Linux (Ubuntu 17.10).  The only thing I don't like is that it is based on Unity and so doesn't use all the cores on my old FX-8370.  My CPU is running at 4.0Ghz though so it isn't really an issue.  I did manage to grab a 8G RX480 GFX board before the miners bid up the prices last year too, which also helps.  The system also has 32GB of RAM because I sometimes run a few VMs when I'm working.

I like your Ryzen system.  I'm considering doing that for my next build.  That or maybe even a threadripper system.  I want to get into some more GPU/CPU intensive stuff - modeling for 3d printing and VR mainly - so I'm looking for more processing power & maybe  abump on the GPU as well.  What I've got should still be good for a while yet however, and threadripper still had some issues under linux last I checked.  I'll probably reevaluate things towards the middle of next year & maybe decide which direction to go then.

my most current "rig" would be my Xbox One. The most current games I play would be Friday the 13th, Fortnite and Overwatch. Besides that, I own a lot of the older consoles as well that I like to dust off every now and then.

Mostly use the PS4 for anything major.  Have a low end laptop (i3, hd3000, 8gb) I got for cheap several years ago just to play VNs which works fine.  My main machine (amd a8, 8gb) runs Solus Linux which I find to be so much less of a hassle to use every day compared to Windows.

8 hours ago, Rudilla said:

My laptop, my 3DS and my Wii U, that's all I need. Long live strategy games!

My old laptop can't handle the games I play on my desktop these days and I'm thinking about putting a Switch next to the old WiiU.  Otherwise.. yeah.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My "rig" is mostly my PS4 and 3DS. I also have a Vita and an Xbox One, but the latter of those two hasn't been touched since last April save for about two weeks ago to check and make sure someone didn't accidentally destroy my brother-on-law's external drive for his Xbox One. I do have the ability to play games on my PC but due to the fact that I have partial paralysis in my hands, using a mouse can start hurting after a while and to be honest, I mostly play RPG's anyways, so I rarely need a PC to play the ones I care about as they either come out on PS4 or 3DS.