Anime that surprised you?

Norvath

Princess Principal. I started to watch it without really any hope of it being a good show at all but I quickly realised it was amazing, love it and it has been the most unexpected anime to me.

Yuki Yuna Is A Hero is a series that definitely caught me off guard. It's sort of along the lines of Madoka Magica (another show I highly recommend, if you haven't seen it already) as in it starts off seemingly innocent but takes an incredibly dark turn. I won't say much more than that since it's better to go in knowing as little as possible, hehe.  Hope you find something that suits your interests :) 

• Optic changed the title to Anime that surprised you?

I would have to agree, your lie in April is the most surprising. It doesn't linger on the musical aspect and the art style mixed with the music is almost unforgettable.

Shirobako - an anime about making anime. They didn't get into the hardcore stuff, like people dying from exhaustion, but they played on the more touching and teamwork sides of anime production. I usually find Slice of Life anime to be boring, but it was so relatable I cried a few times.

One Piece.  I was super skeptical going in and since its a bazillion episodes I didnt know if I wanted to commit, but after like episode 8 or 9 I was hooked.  Same with Attack on Titan.  I remember seeing the commercials and thinking, well this show looks Dumb AF, glad i gave it a shot, cause right when Eren's mom got chomped, I couldn't turn away lmao 

One-Punch Man was surprisingly entertaining and well made, the characters were also humorous and quite lovable. If I'm being honest, I went into the show thinking it would be boring and generic, since I barely ever find comedies funny, nor do I enjoy the action genre as much as the next person. It started out as being a random show I started watching one night due to boredom and being sick at the time. However, I ended up binge watching the entire series in one night ... I found it very entertaining and the characters were all likable. I really like Saitama and find him interesting despite his very low-energy and kind of boring attitude. Genos is also cute and lovable, he reminds me somewhat of a child at times, but he's also very mature and grown up as well. I also really like some side characters such as Super-sonic, Mumen Rider and Tatsumaki, who are all very entertaining.

I gotta say Yuojo Senki. Mainly because I didn't read the plot much so I ended up getting shock on what the anime really is. I really don't know if this counts xD But I think it's much amazing than what I expected it to be cause I kind of expected a war with old equipment without the magic and stuff. Was really amazing for me and I can't take the cliff hanger at the end. I really hope it will get another season. :D 

R.O.D The TV & R.O.D was an interesting anime I thought at first and it was some kind of mystery / action adventure type like some many others out there. But the story and the characters really made it come alive and it was a really enjoyable anime to watch. I fell in love with this series admittedly and it is still and forever one of my favorite anime of all time. If you like girls who kick ass and books then this anime is for you. Also there is more too the anime, but those are the few things that stand out the most about the anime. I re - watch this anime all the time and never get bored of it. <3

Blood C was an interesting anime and I feel in love with the series admittedly as well. At first I thought it was like any other Blood series of anime out there but found out this was way different with a different take on the story. Plus I didn't know it was somewhat bloody and graphic which I don't mind too much but sorta shocked me at first when watching the series. I really love the series a lot and it is one of my favorite anime's to re - watch as well. <3

Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli films are always my favorite films to re -watch and never get bored of them also. They all have different types of stories which can capture your heart and make you feel all warm and happy inside ( I think ).  They are family orientated films that any age can enjoy, I was also surprised when I first discovered most of the films how good they were story wise,  plus the animation style was so beautiful and never seen before. I know not just Hayao Miyazaki works on some of the films since he has a team who also directs films as well but Hayao Miyazaki work I have to say I like the most. If you never seen his films or any of Studio Ghibli  films I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND them to watch. <3

• Geano locked this topic