What would you like to see in the next forum theme?

Optic

Question

Hi everyone,

As we have now settled in with this platform, I would like to get your thoughts on themes. Instead of just converting all the previous themes across, I'd like to get some suggestions on what you'd like to see next?

Can be anything such as:

• A Sword Art Online one?
  • A general fantasy one?
  • A cute or Sci-Fi/Mecha one?

And also would you prefer a dark or light theme?

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

I personally don't mind which anime the theme is based on, however I must say a darker (dark colours) theme is more convenient if people are on the forums at night, since the light comming off won't be as annoying for our eyes, that's my case at least, I don't know if others agree.

• Like 2

Any of those sounds interesting not sure really what one to pick. ^^;; Also if people like light versions maybe have an option for people to change there own skin on there PC settings to light if they do not like a dark version. So what they see when there on the forum is light but for everyone else is dark. Just a thought. I seen it on other forums before, so no one feels left out if they wanted light or dark. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

There is a fairly major update to the platform coming (to improve Clubs, Gallery and some forum features) which could significantly affect customisations. 

In the short term I will try to churn out 2-3 new themes.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I have setup a new dark theme called Anime Forums Sci-Fi.

It features three different backgrounds you can choose from:

• Macross Frontier
  • Knights of Sidonia
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia (Next Black)

Please feel free to give it a try, any issues let me know. If all goes well then it will be the new default theme for AF.

theme-chooser-anime-forums-sci-fi.thumb.jpg.af402cd499d9e3f2cb68b243d5b7bbfc.jpg

In future we can also look at adding more background images.

44 minutes ago, Optic said:

Hi everyone,

I have setup a new dark theme called Anime Forums Sci-Fi.

It features three different backgrounds you can choose from:

• Macross Frontier
  • Knights of Sidonia
  • Hyperdimension Neptunia (Next Black)

Please feel free to give it a try, any issues let me know. If all goes well then it will be the new default theme for AF.

theme-chooser-anime-forums-sci-fi.thumb.jpg.af402cd499d9e3f2cb68b243d5b7bbfc.jpg

In future we can also look at adding more background images.

I'm trying it now, it does look fresh and innovative, the only tiny downside is that it 'lags' a bit, but it's really just almost unnoticeable. I like it and I'll keep it for now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Optic said:

Rem? Ram? Emila? All three? :)

19 hours ago, Roxeg said:

Rem I think,

3 hours ago, seemore_bhutts said:

Emilia!!! 

Ln8PQk.gif.ed96bce669bd69e056f0030c0b6cd81d.gifraw1.gif.9fcb810237036d39da00e87214c7d896.gifraw.gif.04e50ca2a2f21bb9d2d84498101615e3.gif

EDIT :~ sorry optic for not putting the pics in a spoiler

Edited by Optic
Placing images in spoiler
  • Like 1

How about something older and classic or a spooky one to commemorate Gegege no Kitaro since its anime is going on 50 this year?

Edited by ssjup81
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, Wedgy said:

I like the simplicity of the Yume theme, but it would be even better if it were dark/night mode themed which is much much easier on the eyes than a white theme. Would it be possible to add a dark/plain version @Optic:)

There has been a number of requests for a plain dark theme again, so I will add one sometime tomorrow. 🙂

We need more HDN themes. Preferably Rom/Ram and Nepgear xD Dark themes!

AF doesn't feel like AF without 345,678,532 HDN themes xD (I exaggerate a little :P)

Edited by Ryuji
  • Like 1