Would you guys recommend DHL for shipping a t-shirt from Japan to the US?

INKYDUSTIN

So, I'm planning to order a t-shirt from AmiAmi. The question is, should I ship it with Air Small Packet, EMS, or DHL? 

The reason why I'm considering DHL is because apparently they have really fast shipping.

So, for DHL and EMS (and Air Small Packet I suppose), how much do you estimate it will cost?

Hi @INKYDUSTIN yes I buy from AmiAmi every month (due to rolling preorders) ;) of figures and merchandise.

DHL will be the fastest (1-2 business days), as that is via direct courier and bypasses the postal system once it clears customs. EMS will use your local post service at the fastest service they offer. I’m guessing you’re  from the US so looking as USPS that would be under “Priority Mail International Express”

Both options you’ll definitely get within a week and are fully trackable.

Air small packet and SAL will be VERY slow because that is via regular mail. For us in Australia regular airmail takes 2-4 weeks and the lack of tracking is a killer IMO.

I’m not sure on price for just one shirt as when we order we usually order at least 5+ items because the base shipping cost to Australia is very expensive. I’d recommend trying to order more than one item if possible.

• 4 months later...

I don't know. One time I bought a really cute Taiwanese dragon backpack and it took over two months to get it when it said like 3 days shipping or so and it was like $120USD. The problem may have been in the translation issues between the Chinese company and I, or it may have been on their end entirely as they didn't expect to get have an international sale. The shipping was DHL and the tracking number never worked no matter how many times I tried or how long I waited. So if you go off my story only, it's a gamble, but the other people commenting seem to have had no issues with them so I doubt you will, unless you're buying a cute and expensive Chinese dragon backpack from Taiwan. ^-^