Favorite Psychological Animes

Neptvne

• 4 weeks later...

Has to be "Death Note". Mostly because of the deep seated neurosis found in Light who displays it with the belief that he is the judge, jury and executioner. I think this is actually quite a common theme that can be found rooted in actual society. That and Ryuuk who is playing the long game with Light. 

• 5 weeks later...

The End of Evangelion

It's a movie that is an alternate ending to the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime. Replaces episodes 25 and 26.

It's extremely hard to dissect this one. But for anyone who has gone through depression or has truly felt lost. It's essentially a punch in the gut. I've never had any kind of anime make me actually say "What the fuck" out loud aside from this one. It's truly a work of art and I really enjoyed it.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Death Note on top

Monster & Ergo Proxy are really good as well. But yeah…Death Note has a special place in my heart because from beginning till end it is one big mindgame. Love the characters in it and great story. I have seen it 2 times by now and was planning to watch it again.

10/10 ⭐

• 1 month later...

Paranoia Agent is my favorite. Satoshi Kon's other works, such as Perfect Blue are at the top of my list as well. I really enjoyed Monster as well, both the manga and the anime. The guy who did the Monster manga also made Billy Bat, which is a great meta thriller I highly reccomend.