What sort of scenarios really get to you?

A Warp Clone

Using things we are familiar with, whether 'we' means society, humanity, or select types of people, can really help a creator get across a tone to us as the reader/viewer. Even when we're looking at a world that is nowhere near real life, there are many things that get a stronger reaction because of their similarity to things that happen in real life. What sort of things, specific scenes or not, really get to you and why?

I'm the type of person who needs space to move around. I don't like being crowded, especially because of other people. I don't like random people getting in my space enough to breathe at me. Especially when they're sick. So, the type of body horror that involves a bunch people somehow stuck together but all still being conscious always makes me fidgety. Like, to have the ability to move on your own taken away? Your independence and any chance at accomplishing things on your own, stripped away? Not a moment of privacy, even worse if the other people in the mass can read your thoughts? Trypophobia triggers also get to me, because it makes me feel like there were insects crawling through the person and I really hate insects getting anywhere near me in the first place. Uzumaki really hit me hard there with both of those.

The very idea of rape bothers me because I used to know someone who went through that and saw how it's affected her and I just get really upset at the thought of anyone having to go through something so traumatic. It's also one of my fears.

Seeing children die on any medium always disturbs me more than seeing adults die. It's probably because we naturally feel the need to protect children because they're innocent and vulnerable and need guidance, and seeing something bad happen to them thus feels worse than seeing it happen to an adult, because the child is weaker and less developed mentally and physically than the average adult. Poor Satoko...

• 1 month later...

I really don’t like any kind of disturbing rape scene, however graphic or not so graphic it may be, even just the mere suggestion of possible rape-inducing scenes sends cold shivers down my spine...

• Agree 1