Netflix's anime adaptations

Neptvne

I can only speak for Devilman: Crybaby, which met my expectations. I'm not really sure which other series Netflix actually has a hand in producing though. It's confusing how they use the phrase "Netflix Original" with shows they just have distributive rights to.

Edited by Frith
  • Agree 1

The only Netflix anime that was an absolute disaster so far in my opinion is Neo Yokio. After barely 10 min i couldn't stand to watch it. Just awful dialog and voice acting.  Seven Deadly Sins , Kuromurko, Magi series, Cyborg 009, and what i started of Ajin they were all pretty good. 

1 hour ago, txGemgal3084 said:

The only Netflix anime that was an absolute disaster so far in my opinion is Neo Yokio. After barely 10 min i couldn't stand to watch it. Just awful dialog and voice acting.  Seven Deadly Sins , Kuromurko, Magi series, Cyborg 009, and what i started of Ajin they were all pretty good. 

I haven't seen Neo Yokio, but from just looking at the banner I thought it was some anime parody series. 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:11 PM, Neptvne said:

What's your thoughts on Netflix making all these anime adaptations of recent?

Honestly I hope that it holds more anime releases in the future, but currently am sitting on the fence especially with their "Death Note" LAF debacle. Sigh...

• 1 month later...

I watched the first three eps of Neo Yokio last weekend. Will try to watch the other three soon. (First anime I've gotten to see in quite a while, actually, it's hard in this house.) When you say parody, that might fit in some people's opinion. I have a few friends who are debating because of the obvious irony in it among other things whether it's a "so bad it's good" anime or just "so bad". But like all things, you be the judge.

On Sunday, March 04, 2018 at 12:34 PM, seemore_bhutts said:

I only used my Netflix acc to watch Kill la Kill and Seven Deadly Sins, but I might be using it in the future, any recommendations?

Knights of Sidonia. Very good.

• Informative 1

• Geano locked this topic