Hello AF

TyCoya

Hey everyone, my names Tyler and I'm from the US. I'm Korean-American and I'm 17. I was getting kind of sick of how many flaws the forums on both Crunchyroll and MAL seem to have so I furiously opened up a new tab, searched 'anime forums' to see what the first result was, and found this site. I do spend most of my time watching anime rather than discussing it because I'm quite new to it all (I have much more experience with video games but I'll get there eventually). That being said, whenever I see a topic that I actually know something about I enjoy mindlessly typing and sharing my thoughts on the matter. I don't really know where else to go with this so I think I'll just leave it at that. Nice to meet you all! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and your in good company here. I'm new as well but am lucky to find a great forum with a good layout and plenty of interactivity.  I personally enjoy watching anime as well as reading L/N and manga. Seems like most of my free time is consumed with it, guess you could say it's my passion. 

• Like 1

Hi @TyCoya welcome to AF!

We are definitely a lot smaller compared to MAL and Crunchyroll forums. Out of curiosity what kind of flaws do their forums have?

Feel free to bump any topics you find of interest within the forums and if you have any questions or feedback please don't hesitate to let us know!

• Useful 1

Welcome to the forums!  I spend a lot of my time on both video games and anime though it tends to swing one way or the other depending on the year. Last year was anime for me, this year looks like I might be playing catch up on video games. Any favorites  (games or anime)?

On 1/26/2018 at 10:20 AM, Optic said:

Hi @TyCoya welcome to AF!

We are definitely a lot smaller compared to MAL and Crunchyroll forums. Out of curiosity what kind of flaws do their forums have?

Feel free to bump any topics you find of interest within the forums and if you have any questions or feedback please don't hesitate to let us know!

I said MAL out of anger lol. I was mostly complaining about how Crunchyroll has no way of seeing any comments you've posted previously without actually digging through the video you posted it on itself. It also has no way of alerting you if someone replied to your comment which is outrageous in my opinion considering how long Crunchyroll has been a thing. I looked it up and these are just a few of the suggestions people have been making to improve their forums for years to no avail. I really like the simplicity and friendliness this forum presents itself with so I think I may stick around and see where it goes :)

Edit: Another thing to mention is that this site feels so smooth and is really pleasant to the eye. 

14 hours ago, Beocat said:

Welcome to the forums!  I spend a lot of my time on both video games and anime though it tends to swing one way or the other depending on the year. Last year was anime for me, this year looks like I might be playing catch up on video games. Any favorites  (games or anime)?

I do the same thing where I either binge a lot of anime or play a lot of video games. I just recently finished Hunter x Hunter and Made in Abyss which I REALLY enjoyed. I'm working on a couple right now some of which are The Ancient Magus' Bride, Assassination Classroom, and Psycho-pass. I'm also currently trying to decide whether I should watch Haikyu! or not. In regard to video games I've been most recently playing this awesome ARPG on Steam called CrossCode. You should check it out if it's something you're into here

Edited by TyCoya
Added some details

• 1 month later...