ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)

drill

[FLOAT_RIGHT]bokudakegainaimachi_1.thumb.jpg.152fca37de4ba43db44930a78299b0dd.jpg [/FLOAT_RIGHT]

Satoru Fujinuma is a young manga artist struggling to make a name for himself following his debut. But, that was not the only thing in his life that Satoru was feeling frustrated about…he was also living with a strange condition only he was able to experience.

╼ REVIVAL

A strange phenomenon where one is transferred back to the moment right before something life-threatening occurs. This continues to happen until the cause of the threat is erased. It is as if somebody is forcing Satoru to stop it from happening.

Then one day, everything is changed!

What truths are revealed when Satoru comes face to face with his own past?

How will they affect his future?

Perhaps what I am most hyped for this season. Time traveling has always been a plus for me, plus the genre is psychological, and A-1 is doing it. I expect quite a lot from this show.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

ERASED is really good. I like it very much. The plot twists are severe in that since the protagonist gets to travel back in time, he changes not only the past but also inadvertantly changes things in the future as well, but for better or worse, there isn't a certain answer. Started off as a simple intention to save a person, the story slowly evolved into a lesson for the protagonist and also viewers that every action taken will have major consequences in the far future. Even the flap of a butterfly's wing may cause a hurricane.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
Erased is well on it's way to being the Anime of the Century!!!!

Yeah no.

The anime is definitely really overhyped. Such an amazing premise that weakened by the obviousness of some things and the convolutedness of others.

This should have been a 2 cour and it should have focused more on developing our character(and the characters around him). Furthermore with him changing various things in the past, I expected more of a change in the present but not too much really changed.

For the antagonist, there was really little development and they come off feeling as a caricature and a joke more than a character with any depth. I hear in the manga this character is definitely more fleshed out.

The finale was sort of interesting and yet it was basically all fluffy and happy go lucky in some parts. Considering all the antagonist did, I was a bit disgusted by how he was sort of romanticized in the end.

All in all, it was a disappointment.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Erased is good and everyone say it manga more interesting than the anime... in the begining I found it really interesting but I can read the plot after the half of the movie... It remind me of westren movie which I forgot the movie's name.. and I think it's more interesting than erased...

• 1 year later...
  • sapphire4366 changed the title to SPOILERS!!!! thoughts on kayos mom from ERASED
  • Optic changed the title to ERASED (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)
  • Geano locked this topic