BEATLESS - General Discussion

Optic

beatless-anime.thumb.jpg.26d42c0170a2ba0a7859e3a335da3b80.jpgPlot:

With the introduction of an ultra-advanced AI that surpasses human intelligence, beings that mankind is yet to fully comprehend made from materials far too advanced for human technology begin coming into being. Lacia, an hIE equipped with a black coffin-shaped device, is one of these. In boy-meets-girl fashion, 17-year-old Arato Endo has a fateful encounter with the artificial Lacia. For what purpose were these artificial beings created? Amid questions regarding the coexistence of these artificial beings and humans, a 17-year-old boy makes a decision...

Source: MyAnimeList

So advanced android/robotic girls called hIEs have become common tools to help society in a futuristic world. And this Arato Endo has a fateful encounter with special high combat hIE: Type-001 Lacia during a near fatal incident.

There also appear to be other high combat hIEs too.

Character designs of the hIEs look great! Universe seems interesting. I do however have reservations about the animation. I thought Diomedea wasn't too bad as they did Kantai Collection: KanColle but the animation quality on this title so far is quite lacklustre.

Will certainly give this one a go for a few episodes.

beatless-anime-newtype.thumb.jpg.5e8f893baad0a8e345d503f11a19cbbb.jpg

Episode Discussion topic:

• Like 1

I agree I found the trailers and write up enough to spark an interest for me to watch but after seeing the second episode and the direction that this episode took I'm not sure if it will keep my interest , as I felt it was going to be a different type of anime

But for now I'll keep with it and see where it's going

One thing I have picked up on is the comment hIE Lacks keeps making ~ how are you going to use me master , and wonder in how if at all is this going to be important to where it's going ?

Yeah the second episode was a tad odd (will post more thoughts in the episode topic), exposing Lacia like that in such a lavish public event was mind boggling IMO. o.O But was good to see the OP and a glimpse of red Kouka. I really am hoping to see some combat scenes hopefully, but at 24 episodes it seems they will want to build more backstory around Lacia I assume.

Frankly I find Lacia the most intriguing. Arato Endo is clueless and his little sister is WAY TOO TRUSTING of Lacia!

13 hours ago, Wodahs said:

One thing I have picked up on is the comment hIE Lacks keeps making ~ how are you going to use me master , and wonder in how if at all is this going to be important to where it's going ?

I interpreted that as hIEs being very loyal once registered to their owners. Too early to say though I think. 

• Like 1

I donno !!

capable of being bad ass yes bad ass ~ mmm , not so sure atm

it seemed as if Kouka was trying to all this to get Arato Endo more let Lacia to unlock her potential

and theres that comment again but this time from Kouka "hoe are you going to use my sister"

so we had a whole filler episode to build a back story to introduce a character (that may be a one timer) to to kidnap Lacia

but it is interesting at who Kouka has now "paired" with and as to where that may go now

ok now I'm not sure if Kouka is bad ass or just psycho

yes its starting to seem interesting if not just to find out where its going

but I did like episode 4 and what I think ive now figured out , or think I have

• Like 1

Hahaha, well... I'm REALLY adoring Kouka more and more. ^_^ 

Compared to Lacia, Kouka's facial expressions are so diverse and amusing...

She was so yandere in E03 against Lacia, pronouncing her as "onee-sama!!" :

kouka-type-001-beatless-anime-090.thumb.jpg.f9acabbbf63b4ce536cc70ff45dc8577.jpg

She gave Arato scowling, disgusted looks at him...

kouka-type-001-beatless-anime-103.thumb.jpg.7c5d9e734ef05f0fb97fa6db8fd311fe.jpg

She gives Kengo cunning and manipulative looks:

kouka-type-001-beatless-anime-163.thumb.jpg.95620fcecf8ea6da36b2ba7cd2fc8972.jpg

And now she even gives happy, cute expressions during the "motivation speeches" in E04 with those mercenaries... :o

kouka-type-001-beatless-anime-179.thumb.jpg.ab6e44e1a027386b3ab57baa1e02348b.jpgkouka-type-001-beatless-anime-171.thumb.jpg.c5139f793ddea41b12fc20d0405094d8.jpg

In all cases she is very badass with those kicks and weapon attacks of hers. :P

kouka-type-001-beatless-anime-221.thumb.jpg.a29d03fadaf9fe1e3092b715784604c0.jpg

I do agree the pacing is picking up, with Arato and Lacia finally getting into tactical mode.

• Like 1