Violet Evergarden - General Discussion

Optic

violet-evergarden-poster.thumb.jpg.c95c5fda8e1db7db626885043c0d6d64.jpgPlot:

There are words Violet heard on the battlefield, which she cannot forget. These words were given to her by someone she holds dear, more than anyone else. She does not yet know their meaning.

A certain point in time, in the continent of Telesis. The great war which divided the continent into North and South has ended after four years, and the people are welcoming a new generation.

Violet Evergarden, a young girl formerly known as "the weapon," has left the battlefield to start a new life at CH Postal Service. There, she is deeply moved by the work of "Auto Memories Dolls," who carry people's thoughts and convert them into words.

Violet begins her journey as an Auto Memories Doll, and comes face to face with various people's emotions and differing shapes of love. All the while searching for the meaning of those words.

Source: MyAnimeList

PV:

violet-evergarden-visual.thumb.jpg.25321b223a5a33aa2ffb7c0e196a4f0c.jpg

--

I really like Kyoto Animation's titles. Very stylish and detailed. The pacing on this one looks quite slow as a drama (soul searching, finding the true meaning of love) but the fantasy world looks great.

Violet is also very elegant. :)

• Like 1

It's been the anime i've been waiting the most for 2018, great visuals no doubt and even a more great story (so far). I haven't been blown so away from the first impression since K Project. Kyoto Animation are indeed experts at expressive, character-driven storytelling, you can tell frankly that this is the studio that brought us A Silent Voice

I've set high expectations on Kyoto Animation, hopefully there will be more impressive things coming in the next years.

• Like 1

I value character development the most, so it's no surprise that I like this title the most this season. Violet is a interesting character, she doesn't seem to understand emotions but this is ultimately what drives the show, with her meeting people and discovering more about them while she also grows as a person. This is probably the second time a anime has given me a movie vibe, and it continues throughout the entire series.

Edited by Mars Terra
  • Agree 1