Darling in the FranXX - General Discussion

Optic

daring-in-the-franxx-poster.thumb.jpg.3c52abf5453860275cd1a44ca0069b72.jpgPlot:

The story is set in the distant future. The land is ruined, and humanity establishes the mobile fort city Plantation. Pilots produced inside Plantation live in Mistilteinn, also know as the "birdcage." Children live there knowing nothing of the outside world or the freedom of the sky. Their lives consist of battling to carry out missions. Their enemies are mysterious giant lifeforms known as Kyouryuu, and the children pilot robots called Franxx to face off against them. For the children, riding the Franxx proves their existence.

A boy named Hiro is called Code:016, and he was once known as a prodigy. However, he has fallen behind, and his existence seems unnecessary. Not piloting a Franxx is the same as ceasing to exist. One day, a mysterious girl known as "Zero Two" appears before him. Two horns grow out of her head.

Source: MyAnimeList

PV:

--

darling-in-the-franxx-wide.thumb.jpg.c8c71507292e77c6de28c08cc91e16b0.jpg

--

Studio Trigger I like! The ruined land and really dynamic motion scenes instantly gave me vibes of their other works Kill la Kill, Gurren Lagann and Little Witch Academia. Fantasy, Sci-Fi and some Mecha.. looks fantastic!

• Optic changed the title to Darling in the FranXX - General Discussion
  • 2 weeks later...

So what does everyone think of the whole... sex thing. Like getting into these machines is clearly a metaphor for sex.  

So... idk I kinda wanna' get an idea of what the general community think of this. Personally I'm not really offended by it or anything, don't get me wrong it's fucking weird but i think at this point we all expect this kinda' stuff from Japan. 

I think most ppl (myself included) laughed when we saw those butt handles but surprisingly it hasn't really broken my suspension of disbelief. The show seems to do a great job at making this concept feel a lot less ridiculous than it actually is. 

So what do you guys think? Is this shit stupid af or do you think it serves some kind of deeper meaning.

• Like 1

@SeaOfRed - I find it amusing and absurd fanservice.. xD there's no reason why the handles needed to protrude from the female partners' bodysuit in such an elaborate manner like that. :P But yes after E04 now the fan service around those bodysuits has appeared to tone down now (if you recall Miku was really complaining about how tight and skimpy they were when putting them on) and all the suggestive moans have also been toned down/trimmed now (to be fair I suppose they were still getting used to each other as partners which appeared to be a very exhausting process if out of sync).

To be honest I can't say it surprised me too much. Trigger did do absurd fan service with the outfits in Kill la Kill..

This anime is also reminding me of so many other titles... I got vibes of Evangelion (with the genetics, sync ratio, council meetings), vibes of Gundam (launching sequences, cockpit and hangar shots), Gurren Lagann (the comical and diverse facial expressions of the mechs), Kill la Kill (those extra long and wide shots within the plantations and ceremonies) and even that live action film Pacific Rim (the two partner mecha system). :P

Overall am really enjoying this title.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

well @Optic just when you thought they'd toned down the fan service , along comes another ep .

this time with a liquid that is able to dissolve the female flight suits and then the ep revolves around that even getting darling involved

• Funny 1