Things you hate but have to do

Mazino

Having to get out of my room to go talk to people other than my girlfriend. 
Idk what it is, but I highly dislike NOT isolating. I spend most of my time sleeping, on my chromebook making music...in my room, the comfort of a bedroom is always the best. 

21 hours ago, PogFrog said:

Having to get out of my room to go talk to people other than my girlfriend. 
Idk what it is, but I highly dislike NOT isolating. I spend most of my time sleeping, on my chromebook making music...in my room, the comfort of a bedroom is always the best. 

I agree with you about the bedroom being the best. I live on my own so the whole house is mine, but for historical reasons, my computer is in my bedroom and the bedroom is still the focal point of my life when I'm home.

• 1 month later...

I have to take my dog out quite frequently and pick up his poop, which gets frustrating at times. I live on the 9th floor of my apartment building mind you, so I have to put on my shoes, walk inside the always busy elevator, keep him away from the neighbor’s dogs who are also out, wait 5 minutes for him to sniff around, and then take him back up. Rinse and repeat this several times a day. 

Doing laundry at my apartment is also a total pain. There are around 25 washers in my apartment building and most of them are usually full because people don’t come down to pick up their clothes right away. I either have to wash my clothes very far apart from each other or take out someone else’s clothes that are already clean and put them on top of the washer. There have been two times when people would get angry at me for taking their clothes out, but I had no choice. They left their clothes in there for hours and there wasn’t any more room. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, KaiyaSaysHaiya said:

clothes shopping

a lot of people seem to enjoy it but it honestly stresses me out so much

Tell me about it!

There are no shops in my town that sell men's clothes, and the other two neighbouring towns aren't much better. ☹️ They both got large(ish) clothes shops, but 80% of the floor area is for women's clothes and only 20% for men's stuff, and what there is of it is just dull and boring styles!! 😡  My local supermarket has a clothes section, but it's 100% women's clothes! 😡 The other week a clothes catalogue came through my letterbox, 22 pages of women's clothes and 2 pages of men's. 😡

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Animedragon said:

Tell me about it!

There are no shops in my town that sell men's clothes, and the other two neighbouring towns aren't much better. ☹️ They both got large(ish) clothes shops, but 80% of the floor area is for women's clothes and only 20% for men's stuff, and what there is of it is just dull and boring styles!! 😡  My local supermarket has a clothes section, but it's 100% women's clothes! 😡 The other week a clothes catalogue came through my letterbox, 22 pages of women's clothes and 2 pages of men's. 😡

Last time I went clothes shopping, I was looking for a dress shirt and a neck-tie to wear to my dad's funeral the next day. The nearest clothing store was about a 30-minute drive from my house. I got there and started searching for dress shirts. They did not have any white shirts at all. All they had was one blue shirt that actually fit me. All the neck-ties they had were goofy-looking and not really appropriate for something like a funeral (although, I think dad would have gotten a kick out of a couple of them). Luckily, I already had a coat, slacks, shoes and found a solid dark blue tie in dad's collection to wear, but man..... I'll be absolutely amazed if this particular chain of department stores is still around after the next 5 to 10 years with the poor selection and high prices that they had. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, viruxx said:

I'll be absolutely amazed if this particular chain of department stores is still around after the next 5 to 10 years with the poor selection and high prices that they had.

I'm with you on that one.  I live in hope that one day I'll find a coat that's a loose enough fit that it won't restrict my arms when I driving but fits well enough not to hang off me like something that's two sizes too big, and hopefully before my current one falls apart!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Some days I really hate waking up and wish I could sleep all day. lol But that's only sometimes. I doubt it's the kind of thing you meant, but sometimes I just really don't want to wake up and get myself out of bed.

7 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

I feel like that on cold dark winter mornings.

100%! Like I say whenever it's a cold, foggy day: "days like this were meant for sleeping in." lol Just something I started saying at some point. I mean, it's true, right? OH, that and chiili. Or something spicy to warm up the body.

• 5 months later...

I hate waking up early, I'm a night person.

Grocery shopping. I try to get in, grab whatever looks appetizing this week, and get out as quickly as possible.

Stop and talking to people I see that I know while doing said grocery shopping lol

Making appointments for doctors over the phone, or doing any kind of ordering over the phone.

Having to go somewhere on the holidays. I would rather stay in and celebrate by myself but my family is always insistent on huge holiday get togethers.

4 hours ago, Sakura said:

Grocery shopping. I try to get in, grab whatever looks appetizing this week, and get out as quickly as possible.

I agree about the grocery shopping. I make a list of what I want and go to the local supermarket with the aim of getting everything on the list a s quickly as possible. It seriously annoys me when the move things to a different part of the shop!

4 hours ago, Sakura said:

Having to go somewhere on the holidays. I would rather stay in and celebrate by myself but my family is always insistent on huge holiday get togethers.

Ah, holidays, now there's the thing. We used to have big family get togethers at Christmas, but now I have hardly any family left and those are too far away. But my friends have this idea that single people who live on their own shouldn't be on their own at Christmas. OK, some singles like to receive invites for Christmas Day, I'm one of those who don't. My friends mean well, and it's nice to know that they're thinking of me, but spending time with someone else's family at Christmas just reminds me of what I've lost.

13 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I agree about the grocery shopping. I make a list of what I want and go to the local supermarket with the aim of getting everything on the list a s quickly as possible. It seriously annoys me when the move things to a different part of the shop!

Ah, holidays, now there's the thing. We used to have big family get togethers at Christmas, but now I have hardly any family left and those are too far away. But my friends have this idea that single people who live on their own shouldn't be on their own at Christmas. OK, some singles like to receive invites for Christmas Day, I'm one of those who don't. My friends mean well, and it's nice to know that they're thinking of me, but spending time with someone else's family at Christmas just reminds me of what I've lost.

Sometimes I make a few notes on my phone if I want something different, but for the most part I usually get the same things every week, or close to the same things lol They just did that to the aisles of my grocery store about a month ago and I hated it because I had to spend more time wandering around trying to figure out where things were at.

I think that's why I get invited a lot of places because I do live on my own and my couple friends are always inviting me out lol but I don't want to be involved with anything relationship-wise right now. As far as family getting together, I can't stand it because everyone is so passive aggressive towards each other and there is just the feeling in the air that absolutely no one wants to be there. On top of that I have to sit there and listen to them making racist and sexist comments that they feel the need to work in as much as possible about other races, genders, lifestyle choices, etc and I can't stand any of this type of mindset, especially while at the same time they are professing to be religious. So I like to avoid anything like this because the last thing I feel like I should have to be on the holidays is angry about all the things they say while visiting. 

31 minutes ago, Sakura said:

I think that's why I get invited a lot of places because I do live on my own and my couple friends are always inviting me out

When people get married they seem to develop this idea that everyone who is single and lives alone is automatically a lonely person. This may be true for some singles, but it's not true of all single people. The thing that most annoys me is that when I thank them for their kind invite and politely decline they want to know why, I don't understand why they won't accept a 'no thank you' and leave it at that.

Fortunately none of my friends make sexist or racist comments or nasty comments about people's lifestyle choices. What I do find is that two or three will start discussing football or cricket in great detail and as I have no interest in either I, along with everyone else, get very bored very quickly we do try to talk among ourselves about something else, but it it doesn't always work.

Then there's games, some people think that we must play games, and everyone must join in, no one is allowed to sit out. I'm not really a fan of games especially Trivial Pursuit type games.

47 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

When people get married they seem to develop this idea that everyone who is single and lives alone is automatically a lonely person. This may be true for some singles, but it's not true of all single people. The thing that most annoys me is that when I thank them for their kind invite and politely decline they want to know why, I don't understand why they won't accept a 'no thank you' and leave it at that.

Fortunately none of my friends make sexist or racist comments or nasty comments about people's lifestyle choices. What I do find is that two or three will start discussing football or cricket in great detail and as I have no interest in either I, along with everyone else, get very bored very quickly we do try to talk among ourselves about something else, but it it doesn't always work.

Then there's games, some people think that we must play games, and everyone must join in, no one is allowed to sit out. I'm not really a fan of games especially Trivial Pursuit type games.

It's always seemed to me like society puts a lot of pressure on people to be in relationships and have kids and if you don't there is something wrong with you. As if people who aren't in a relationship must have something wrong with them that they can't attract someone else. Sometimes it's nice to just be alone and find yourself. 

A lot of my cousins are into anime and gaming though so I at least do have something to discuss with them or it would be a lot more boring at these family things. I really don't understand why people feel like they have to force these types of family gatherings on people lol~

Which that's kind of another thing I "don't really like but have to do" is make sure I do actually meet up with friends from time to time though because I have a habit of becoming a bit of a recluse. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sakura said:

It's always seemed to me like society puts a lot of pressure on people to be in relationships and have kids and if you don't there is something wrong with you. As if people who aren't in a relationship must have something wrong with them that they can't attract someone else. Sometimes it's nice to just be alone and find yourself. 

I agree. Hotels and such like just don't have single rooms, or if they do they cost more than a double.  I'm single because no one wanted me, but I'm quite happy with that and sometimes I think I'm better off single.

A lot of my cousins are into anime and gaming though so I at least do have something to discuss with them or it would be a lot more boring at these family things. I really don't understand why people feel like they have to force these types of family gatherings on people lol~

Sadly only one of my friends is into anime, and he lives a long way away, so we don't get together too often to watch anime. My grandmother was the driving force behind our family gatherings, she was a bit of a matriarch, and whatever grandma said everyone did, or else!

Which that's kind of another thing I "don't really like but have to do" is make sure I do actually meet up with friends from time to time though because I have a habit of becoming a bit of a recluse. 

I go out to Sunday lunch once a month with friends from my church, nearly all of us are single for various reasons but we all have a great time. Without that I could easily become a sort of recluse. As a single person being a railway enthusiast and photographer are great hobbies as they can easily be done on your own.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Animedragon said:

I agree. Hotels and such like just don't have single rooms, or if they do they cost more than a double.  I'm single because no one wanted me, but I'm quite happy with that and sometimes I think I'm better off single.

Sadly only one of my friends is into anime, and he lives a long way away, so we don't get together too often to watch anime. My grandmother was the driving force behind our family gatherings, she was a bit of a matriarch, and whatever grandma said everyone did, or else!

I go out to Sunday lunch once a month with friends from my church, nearly all of us are single for various reasons but we all have a great time. Without that I could easily become a sort of recluse. As a single person being a railway enthusiast and photographer are great hobbies as they can easily be done on your own.

That's true, when I travel I usually get a double bed room because it's cheaper than the single king size room. I never actually thought about that before until now.

I suppose my grandmother was as well because I remember having all of these get-togethers at her house when I was younger, but now my mom is the one who organizes it the most, but you can just tell everyone doesn't want to really be there so it makes it such an awkward place to be. I've managed to get out of several of these last year though and with the holidays coming up I hope I can this year too lol

That's one of the things I like about photography. I can do it on my own and go out and listen to my music while I'm walking around taking pictures.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Wild Emotion said:

This might sound bad, but sometimes I really hate getting out of bed. It's just so frickin comfortable. lol

It doesn't sound bad at all. I sometimes don't like getting out of my nice warm bed, especially when there's a minus sign in front of the outside temperature  🥶

3 hours ago, Animedragon said:

It doesn't sound bad at all. I sometimes don't like getting out of my nice warm bed, especially when there's a minus sign in front of the outside temperature  🥶

I'm glad it doesn't. Also glad I'm not the only one. lol