Things you hate but have to do

Mazino

12 minutes ago, Seshi said:

@brycecIT peeps never seem to get a break. It’s like once someone knows you can do computer stuff, you become their on call tech guy.

Its like that for my hubby, he’s an all around mr fix it, so he’s always busy with requests. Pretty much never not working. And I don’t mind helping, I’m all about being helpful, especially if someone is in genuine need. But I’m also all for self care and knowing when to say no sometimes.. you need to have time for yourself too

It has the upside of providing a challenge, but most of the time, it is the same problem caused by the same reasons every time, but yes, IT people get no breaks.

No, I do not. I mostly end up with ID10T errors or having to explain things. 🤣

Does not help that I have no patience to teach and the person demanding the help thinks people like me should suck it up, as they are owed something.

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Well things that I hate, but have to do thats a tough one because I really don't hate chores except when I get mentally excused. I don't really hate paying bills either at least the processing portion. If I had to pick one thing I have to do that I hate is trying to get my point across to someone who just won't see it. Of course in my cases this is not normally even a issue, but in other matters it certainly is. In those cases it can be extremely stressful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Not much, I try to be optimistic about most mundane stuff. Chores = a good workout or work = a new pair of shoes and a good stereo system. 

Doing public speeches makes me overthink, I hate it. I've been in charge of staff briefings at work for two weeks and the attitude you can get in return bites. 

Edited by Kit
Typo

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

...FINALLY I FOUND A THREAD FOR THIS TOPIC!! HUZZAH!!! 
I have many things...the list is such...

1.) Mowing the lawn
2.) Homework
3.) Waking up
4.) Yardwork (i.g mowing the lawn is in this category...)
5.) Being sober (on weekends)
6.) Vocal warm-ups (honestly DON'T hate this, but it gets annoying, but I have to do it to sound good for recordings)
7.) Socializing face to face
8.) Going to class
9.) Expressing myself
10.) Housework 

Just a top 10 list...I have more, but we'd be here for awhile if I listed everything. 

On 7/30/2019 at 5:30 AM, Harrylam129 said:

Eating and sleeping alone.

*casually crawls into your bed* :) 

• 3 weeks later...

The majority of what I did today: changing the oil in the car, cleaning out the gutters & mowing the yard. The gutters in particular are a nuisance.  The yard has those trees with seeds like a propeller (maple?). They not only fill up the gutters they will actually start to sprout in the sediment up there (ch-ch-ch-chia :P ) which clogs things up even worse. I do not do well on a ladder or the roof thanks to meniere’s disease. Wasn’t actually able to make it onto the roof anyway, because my legs are too short (guess I need to be at least 6ft with the ladder I have & I’m only 5’ 6” ).  So instead you climb the ladder, clean out what you can reach, climb back down, move the ladder, climb back up, repeat. Some spots I couldn’t reach, but hopefully will hold out till I hire someone in the fall. At least I earned feeling tired today :P 

Edited by Ohayotaku
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Taking out the trash. It's a big hassle but has to be done, and I'm the only real able-bodied person that can in this house.

That's not my favourite task either. I'm the only able-bodied person in my house as well, actually since I live on my own I'm the only person in my house and have to do everything!

Taking out the trash, or Bin Day as it's often called, involves sorting it all out; plastic & tins go in the black box, paper & card goes in the blue box, food waste goes in the green box and non-recyclables and general waste go in the black sack. The boxes have to be put out once a week, then when the Bin Men have emptied them I have to go out and retrieve them from wherever the Bin Men have thrown them, mostly they're in my front garden but they can be anywhere within 20 feet of my house. A couple of months back my green bin went missing and I had to order a new one, fortunately the council supplies these free of charge.

Hmm, that was a long post, and it's all total rubbish!!  😄

Edited by Animedragon

9 hours ago, Animedragon said:

That's not my favourite task either. I'm the only able-bodied person in my house as well, actually since I live on my own I'm the only person in my house and have to do everything!

Taking out the trash, or Bin Day as it's often called, involves sorting it all out; plastic & tins go in the black box, paper & card goes in the blue box, food waste goes in the green box and non-recyclables and general waste go in the black sack. The boxes have to be put out once a week, then when the Bin Men have emptied them I have to go out and retrieve them from wherever the Bin Men have thrown them, mostly they're in my front garden but they can be anywhere within 20 feet of my house. A couple of months back my green bin went missing and I had to order a new one, fortunately the council supplies these free of charge.

Hmm, that was a long post, and it's all total rubbish!!  😄

That sounds a lot more hectic than what I have to do. I wish we'd recycle but we don't really have a way to do it out where we live. Sometimes it feels like we live in the boonies. lol There's no stored in our town, we have to go to one of the 2 towns over to get things from stores. We live in a very remote area. But mom and dad pay the bills so I can't exactly put my foot down and demand that we recycle either. Our driveway is a steep incline and is a monster when there's ice on it to tkae down the trash cans. I slip and fall a lot. lol Treacherous duty, taking out the trash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otaku Gamer said:

That sounds a lot more hectic than what I have to do. I wish we'd recycle but we don't really have a way to do it out where we live. Sometimes it feels like we live in the boonies. lol There's no stored in our town, we have to go to one of the 2 towns over to get things from stores. We live in a very remote area. But mom and dad pay the bills so I can't exactly put my foot down and demand that we recycle either. Our driveway is a steep incline and is a monster when there's ice on it to tkae down the trash cans. I slip and fall a lot. lol Treacherous duty, taking out the trash.

Sounds like you've got it bad where you are, some of us don't realise how fortunate we are.

16 minutes ago, Animedragon said:

Sounds like you've got it bad where you are, some of us don't realise how fortunate we are.

Yeah, but the scenery is awesome. The only thing is we have to watch out for wildfires. It's a pretty big danger here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Otaku Gamer said:

Yeah, but the scenery is awesome. The only thing is we have to watch out for wildfires. It's a pretty big danger here.

I live in fairly built up area, but there are some nice parks within a one mile radius but a park is no substitute for real scenery.