What is your least favourite anime?

Tasty

Okay so I love romance animes, particularly ones with a happy ending resulting in MC and female ending up together, but honestly, what is up with School days? I tend to sympathize, even empathize, with the mc, so School Days just made me hate myself. and then that ending!!!??

Okay so this anime starts off innocently and you see a love triangle forming, but then it turns into a coitus crazed male going around cheating on everyone that us (the viewers) are rooting for. Then at the end, the first girlfriend cuts the MC's head off, then gets killed herself and yeah. worst anime I've ever seen.

Anyways, what's your least favourite anime and why?

Edited by Optic
Spoiler tag added

No Game No Life. A friend recommended it to me saying it was one of their favorites, I've always thought the art style is amazing just from clips and screenshots I've seen, and I really never heard anything bad about it. The visuals were great; it didn't live up to any other of my hyped-up expectations.

• Like 1

Boku no Pico hands down. If you haven't heard of it DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY AND YOUR INNOCENCE WATCH IT!!! It needs to be thrown into a pit and burned with bleach and gasoline because just one isn't enough to destroy that piece of trash. 

• Funny 1

18 minutes ago, Dekumyhero said:

Boku no Pico hands down. If you haven't heard of it DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY AND YOUR INNOCENCE WATCH IT!!! It needs to be thrown into a pit and burned with bleach and gasoline because just one isn't enough to destroy that piece of trash. 

ahahha classic anime right there

• Funny 1

I almost watched School Days, but then I read the reviews and was like "nope". :P

Out of the anime I have watched all the way through I would have to say Amnesia, hands down. Sexual assault, manipulation, abduction, keeping a girl in a cage... and it's all seen as okay? No thank you.

There's also a classic I don't like, but I'm always getting more annoyed with it because I can't understand why it's so popular. Which is, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I just can't stand that movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frith said:

Then I've got to at least give it a shot right?

Yeah go for it!

32 minutes ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I almost watched School Days, but then I read the reviews and was like "nope". :P

Out of the anime I have watched all the way through I would have to say Amnesia, hands down. Sexual assault, manipulation, abduction, keeping a girl in a cage... and it's all seen as okay? No thank you.

There's also a classic I don't like, but I'm always getting more annoyed with it because I can't understand why it's so popular. Which is, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. I just can't stand that movie.

nice input. I used to read up on certain anime before I watched them to make sure they had a happy ending, because ever since I was a young child I turned to anime to make me happy. Of course I forget to read about this one anime before I watch it, and I paid for it.

I've never heard of The Girl Who Leapt Through time, but I'll take your word for it. 

Now I know this next question is random, and has no business being in this thread, but would you recommend Naruto to someone who hasn't watched Naruto? I watched the first 5 episode and it didn't catch my interest. I'm only asking because you seem like an experienced anime watcher 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tasty said:

Yeah go for it!

nice input. I used to read up on certain anime before I watched them to make sure they had a happy ending, because ever since I was a young child I turned to anime to make me happy. Of course I forget to read about this one anime before I watch it, and I paid for it.

I've never heard of The Girl Who Leapt Through time, but I'll take your word for it. 

Now I know this next question is random, and has no business being in this thread, but would you recommend Naruto to someone who hasn't watched Naruto? I watched the first 5 episode and it didn't catch my interest. I'm only asking because you seem like an experienced anime watcher 😂

Yeah, I don't always read reviews, especially if I just come across something while browsing for something to watch. But, often if I'm going to add something to my to-read list I do read up on it first, to see if it matches what I'm imagining. 
Some people really like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, as I said it's a classic, but I personally didn't like the way time travel was done, some plot holes were annoying, and the main character annoys me more than any other.
I would totally recommend Naruto! It really constantly improves the further into the series you get. My sister, INTJ, wasn't interested in it at the beginning, but she kept on because she liked Kakashi and she trusted my opinion. It is now tied with Yona of the Dawn for her top favorite anime and she is properly obsessed. ^_^ There is so much good about that series, it just takes a bit of time to get into it.

• Like 1

I'd say The Irregulars at Magic High. The MC struck me as my most loathed type....the zero personality with underrated but bad ass skills with this superiority complex, whom all the ladies immediately fawn all over....even his sister, who doesn't even have the shame to hide her lust and obsession with him (and this seems to really turn him on ~vomits~). Now, while I am really not a fan of incest relationships, there has been one or two tastefully done ones that I've seen. This was not one of them. I gave it three episodes then quit and have never looked back.

A good runner up would be Elfin Lied. Boob squeezing (essentially molestation) of a mentally challenged girl he just met? No thanks. Wish social services had paid a visit to that residence! Tried to watch it twice on my best friend's insistence. Quit midway through both times. 

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is more of a tragic comedy to me. It isn't bad. I really enjoyed it. But there is no happy ending.

Edited by Beocat
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

6 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

Yeah, I don't always read reviews, especially if I just come across something while browsing for something to watch. But, often if I'm going to add something to my to-read list I do read up on it first, to see if it matches what I'm imagining. 
Some people really like The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, as I said it's a classic, but I personally didn't like the way time travel was done, some plot holes were annoying, and the main character annoys me more than any other.
I would totally recommend Naruto! It really constantly improves the further into the series you get. My sister, INTJ, wasn't interested in it at the beginning, but she kept on because she liked Kakashi and she trusted my opinion. It is now tied with Yona of the Dawn for her top favorite anime and she is properly obsessed. ^_^ There is so much good about that series, it just takes a bit of time to get into it.

Awesome! Thanks so much! 

1 hour ago, Beocat said:

I'd say The Irregulars at Magic High. The MC struck me as my most loathed type....the zero personality with underrated but bad ass skills with this superiority complex, whom all the ladies immediately fawn all over....even his sister, who doesn't even have the shame to hide her lust and obsession with him (and this seems to really turn him on ~vomits~). Now, while I am really not a fan of incest relationships, there has been one or two tastefully done ones that I've seen. This was not one of them. I gave it three episodes then quit and have never looked back.

A good runner up would be Elfin Lied. Boob squeezing (essentially molestation) of a mentally challenged girl he just met? No thanks. Wish social services had paid a visit to that residence! Tried to watch it twice on my best friend's insistence. Quit midway through both times. 

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time is more of a tragic comedy to me. It isn't bad. I really enjoyed it. But there is no happy ending.

Haha I'll likely stay away from those then lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beocat said:

I know, right?! I started that anime so excited about the premise, and I still think the way magic was done in it is cool, but I feel the same way as you. I watched the whole thing, and suffice to say you'd be even more upset if you watched all of it. :P

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Vivi Hyuuga said:

I know, right?! I started that anime so excited about the premise, and I still think the way magic was done in it is cool, but I feel the same way as you. I watched the whole thing, and suffice to say you'd be even more upset if you watched all of it. :P

I was so excited at the beginning too. So disappointed by the end of the first episode. Vivi, you must have a great deal of perseverance to make it to the end! 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 6:25 AM, Frith said:

No Game No Life. A friend recommended it to me saying it was one of their favorites, I've always thought the art style is amazing just from clips and screenshots I've seen, and I really never heard anything bad about it. The visuals were great; it didn't live up to any other of my hyped-up expectations.

Most popular anime series tend to be overhyped. I watched 1/2 of both Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and didn't enjoy it. 

12 hours ago, Beocat said:

I was so excited at the beginning too. So disappointed by the end of the first episode. Vivi, you must have a great deal of perseverance to make it to the end! 

Lol! I just don't like giving up, because I worry "what if it gets better and they fix these problems?". Plus sometimes when I'm sick I'd rather leave it on whatever instead of deciding on something new to watch.

8 hours ago, Ahriz said:

Most popular anime series tend to be overhyped. I watched 1/2 of both Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood and didn't enjoy it. 

Oh my goodness, I can not forgive you not liking FMAB. ;) (jk) Seriously though, you should try watching all of FMAB, the ending is so good!

On 2/2/2018 at 8:25 AM, Frith said:

Right, dumbest anime ever and I too had it recommended to me by a friend. We are no longer friends. JK. 

On 2/3/2018 at 5:44 AM, Vivi Hyuuga said:

If I read reviews I stay away from those that are at both ends of the spectrum. Their too damn biased. 

21 hours ago, Beocat said:

Irregulars manga is better though I haven't watched the anime, but it does explain in greater detail why his personality is the way it is. As for elfen lied, jesus come on with the nudity and the dark theme. Felt like slitting my wrists just watching it it was so damn depressing. xD

For my least favorite anime, well crap I have a list but sitting in the number one position was "Queen's Blade." I mean really....o.O

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...