Roxeg

Online Role Playing idea

Good day, I'd like to share an idea that might interest certain people, especially those familiar with Role Playing Games. The idea I have in mind is to have an RPG adventure with any Anime Forums members interested, and what kind of RPG adventure? I'll explain in detail:

For those who don't know, Role Playing Games (aside from a videogame genre) are board games in which each player has control over one (sometimes more than one) character they made up and they follow a quest in a fantasy world (generally), it's just Dungeons & Dragons style but not necessarily in the world of Dungeons & Dragons, for example one RPG I've played with my friends is based in the Legend of Zelda universe, and it allows the Game Master (the one controlling NPCs and supervising everything that happens, basically the 'god' of the game) to invent crazy ideas and it's extremely fun for both the GM and the players who enter a fantasy world they've always dreamed of exploring.

How would this work?

It's quite simple, there shall be one Game Master who's responsible of narrating the story to the heroes, he's supposed to do so in an immersive way so the players feel more like they're living under the skin of their characters, the Game Master also decides what happens, or at least what triggers something to happen, basically setting a context and a meaning to the story. The players who play as their characters listen carefully to the GM's indications, trying not to miss little details about descriptions concerning NPCs they'll interact with, or environments they must go through. The characters can interact between them, if it's supposed to be in secret from other characters their players must tell the GM in private so he can create a separate group, this often leads to interesting situations, rivalries and friendships, sometimes romance. Characters in RPGs are often given stats on which their abilities depend, such as strength to rely on when attacking a foe, agility to dodge an attack or to move faster, social skills to facilitate interactions with NPCs... Many different stats can be made up depending on the Universe the RPG takes place in.

A big detail which is important to note is that narration and conversation will take place in Audio Calls, since hearing voices makes it feel more realistic and it adds more to the experience. We may have exceptions with players who have a really bad ISP who would have problems with audio calls.

How to participate?

Just write a comment addressing that you want to join, then I'll start the development of the RPG. A common chat will be created to discuss and vote in which universe the RPG will take place in (Anime universes are also welcome of course, it would be quite interesting), then I'll follow by sharing a Google Drive folder in which every document we'll use will be avaiable, rules, character list, character journals (this one should be kept personal between the GM and the player) and others. The website which would suit best for dice rolling is called Roll20, so an account of that RPG tool is necessary (here's a link https://roll20.net/), and other than that it's not that difficult. Evidently it would be good to have a minimum of 3 different players aside from me as Game Master, otherwise it could get too boring, but not too many players is also recommended as I need to know well every character to know what could trouble them most (ʃƪ¬‿¬) .

Anyways I think that sums up well my idea, I'm not going to explain too much without even knowing if anyone's interested at all, so I'll leave the idea here for now and wait until people come around. Note that this is a project on a large timescale, developing the RPG might take 1-2 months so don't expect to join the first and start playing next week. So, any questions you might have just put them down and I'll answer ASAP.

Good evening.

Edited by Roxeg
  • Awesome (Sugoi) 2

I am TOTALLY DOWN! :crazy:  Since you're developing it it's ultimately your decision but I'm a little biased towards the idea of playing in the My Hero Academia universe... just sayin'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baku said:

I am TOTALLY DOWN! :crazy:  Since you're developing it it's ultimately your decision but I'm a little biased towards the idea of playing in the My Hero Academia universe... just sayin'

I'll have to watch it to know what kind of universe it is then, we'll wait for more people though so no ultimate decision is yet taken. May I have your e-mail by private so I can later give you access to the Google Drive I'll create, please?

• Agree 1

I'm up for it. Always wanted to.  Never had anyone to play D&D with though.

1 minute ago, Beocat said:

I'm up for it. Always wanted to.  Never had anyone to play D&D with though.

Cool, great to have you aboard (・ω<), may I ask you to proceed the same way Baku did? I need your e-mail to give you rights to the common Folder online (in private evidently).

Edited by Roxeg

So would anyone else be interested in this? Everyone is welcome.

I'm used to RPG's but never tried implementing it in an anime universe. Sounds like it could be fun i'm up for it!

3 hours ago, Riotlion said:

I'm used to RPG's but never tried implementing it in an anime universe. Sounds like it could be fun i'm up for it!

Good to know, could I privately have your email then please? 

@Beocat I still need yours as well.

Edited by Roxeg

@SAO LILDOOP here it is, this is the post with most of the info 

• Informative 1

A zelda universe sounds cool, I'm interested. 

Edited by Stackrates

5 hours ago, Stackrates said:

A zelda universe sounds cool, I'm interested. 

Send me privately your e-mail adress, please (/・0・)

18 hours ago, Roxeg said:

@SAO LILDOOP here it is, this is the post with most of the info 

I think I will join, I am creating an RP of my own and I would like more experience playing them as well.

9 hours ago, Roxeg said:

Send me privately your e-mail adress, please (/・0・)

Why email addresses needed?

1 hour ago, SAO LILDOOP said:

I think I will join, I am creating an RP of my own and I would like more experience playing them as well.

Why email addresses needed?

It is necessary because all the documents necessary to read are shared in a Google Drive folder, which you can access when I give permissions to any email.

Though now that I think of it, there's also the possibility of having a link, but I don't really that's as secure as having an e-mail tied to your actions.

• Agree 1

Just now, Roxeg said:

It is necessary because all the documents necessary to read are shared in a Google Drive folder, which you can access when I give permissions to any email.

Though now that I think of it, there's also the possibility of having a link, but I don't really that's as secure as having an e-mail tied to your actions.

Ahh I see, alright well I will send you my E-mail sometime then. :) 

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

To those who gave me their e-mails: I have sent you a mail with a link to a discord server where we will start discussing the universe. Others who haven't sent me anything yet, try not to take too long so the development can start ASAP (≧▽≦)