Little witch academia like or dislike?

Animewolf07

On 2/9/2018 at 12:08 PM, Animewolf07 said:

shipping diakko

I don't think I'll ever understand the "shipping" phenomenon.  Then again I didn't get pet rocks or pokemon go either.  :D  As long as you're having fun it's all good.

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

On 2/10/2018 at 3:35 PM, anime4eva said:

I freaking loved it! Not something I would usually watch, but I'm so glad I did. I loved how they did Diana too, it was top notch work.

I loved the anime too! It was a great fun adventure and really cute!!

On 2/12/2018 at 7:27 AM, SleepyLeoulf said:

don't undersand the shipping much

"Shipping" (as in relationshipping.. not that that's a word) is the activity or desire to create relationships between characters, usually romantic, and usually where there is no such relationship in the original work.  (Or works.. nothing says the matchups have to be from the same show.)  'Shipping has been going on forever (at least one wiki cites Kirk/Spock from Star Trek as being an example of an early "ship", or paired couple), but it seems especially common in anime, and especially in fanfiction, where the author(s) of the original work have even been known to incorporate fan-created 'ships into the mainstream/canon work.

So, in the original post for example, "shipping diakko" would be imagining Diana and Akko from LWA as a couple.

That's the "what", at least as I understand it.  As for the "why".. you'll have to get someone else to help with that question.  :)

Edited by efaardvark

I recently watched this anime earlier this year and I loved it to be honest. :) The clumsiness of the Main Character is not at all annoying to an extent where you'd like to see her fall off her broom. I like the part in the story where she has to face this calm rival who seems to be perfect and later on finding the truth about her character and discovering that somehow they are quite similar (Little spoiler alert) . The subtle love story is also my favorite element. The subtlety was too much to take in and at the same time good for the heart compared to all those mushy stuffs we often see on other animes.  And to be honest, somehow you can find yourself loving to see the Main Character suffer (even if you're not sadistic) and seeing her react if ever things don't go her way because it's natural and close to real life. We don't always get what we want in life and that's an essence that we have to look into. :) 

• Geano locked this topic