What Anime Quotes Do You Use?

Beocat

Hey all. Well, I can't sleep...after being so exhausted I couldn't get up this weekend.  Figures, right?  So now I've been wondering what anime quotes do you all typically use in your own lives? 

My personal favorite quote comes from Outlaw Star.  Hot Ice Hilda said it referring to outlaws...  "it's just like it is with the stars.  There are those that are bright and those that are dim. "

I typically shorten it to "people are like the stars.  There are those that are bright and those that are dim." as far as using it in my life. I'm not especially philosophical so when it pops out after I've had the unfortunate opportunity to talk to or observe a "dim star" my colleagues tend to be pretty surprised. I say it with the exact same tone as Hilda's, which really drives it home. I imagine if I didn't say that I'd be saying, "well, bless his/her heart!" instead lol.

Anyone else have a quote from an anime that just pops out sometimes?  And which anime did it come from?

I don't recall the phrase word for word, but it is from Vandread where the main character is fighting back toward the main bad guy at the end.  Basically Hibiki tells them that being scared of them is nothing but joke compared to your own fears and insecurities.  Also Fruits Basket where Momiji tells Torhru to be able to smile and feel at peace with your painful memories will make you strong enough that it can no longer be used as a weapon towards you but another milestone you overcame.

7 hours ago, SleepyLeoulf said:

R.O.D The TV has a quote by Anita King a main character from the series.

"The world is meant for people to find each other."

I really like it and think It's true in my opinion. 

I can actually see myself using that one. 

3 hours ago, Derwyn Sharp said:

Basically Hibiki tells them that being scared of them is nothing but joke compared to your own fears and insecurities. 

Ain't that the truth!? You are your worst enemy. 

• Like 1

@Beocat Yeah same and when I first heard it I was like. " That really makes sense and is true." So I just remind myself there is still MORE people out there to meet even though for a long time I always met the "wrong" types of people or the ones who let me down and hurt me. I shouldn't give up and no one else too. 

• Optimistic 1

As a joke, and I don't think people around me know of it anyway, but, "It's _____ time!" is something I randomly say jokingly in a dramatic voice thanks to Dento from Pokemon Best Wishes. lol I really liked Dento for that series...I never watched all of it due to getting bored (like practically most anything to do with the Pokemon series outside of the first couple of seasons), but I still liked him. lol

5 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Sooo.. This one is stupid but probably counts. My bf and I have recently been watching FMA: B together. I watched the series in 03/04, he didn't and is new to the story. 

Half way between each episode there is an advert slide with a character portrait and a VO announcing "Full Metal Alchemist!" 

We both find it pretty silly because we watch it on CR with no ads, so it just pops up and does the VO twice and resumes the anime. We managed to invent a sort of meme between ourselves.

Stop at a red light? "Fullmetal Alchemist." 

Waiting in line at the market? "Fullmetal Alchemist." 

Laying in bed trying to fall alseep? "Fullmetal Alchemist." 

Return from toilet? "Fullmetal Alchemist." 

Haha, that's pretty good! Trigun does the exact same thing but with electric guitar music. Really is random when you're watching off of a disc!

I don't really use quotes in my every day life, however I have quite a few I agree with totally and usually end up thinking of at least once a day.

"I can believe in my own abilities or in the choices of the companions I trust, but no one ever knows how it will turn out. So, choose for yourself whichever decision you regret the least." -Captain Levi

"The only thing we're allowed to do is to believe that we won't regert the choice we made." -Captain Levi

"I don't like the terms 'good person' or 'bad person' because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone, to some, you are a good person, while to others you are a bad person." -Armin Arlert

"People who can't throw something important away can never hope to change anything." -Armin Arlert

Mine isn't from anime technically, but from DBZ Abridged.

I started my kids years ago on the goofy habit of turning me and them into Napa & Vegeta when we go places.

"Are we there yet?"

"No..."

"Are we there yet?"

"No..."

"Are we there yet?"

"No..."

Edited by Sonic Whammy

• 2 weeks later...

"Me? A Liar? That's almost hurtful. I just don't feel like telling the whole truth." William Macbeth a.k.a King of Despair (Kekkai Sensen)

"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." Oreki Houtarou (Hyouka)

Edited by Muco

Oh, I almost forgot that I also on occasion, as recently as yesterday, also used the DBZ Abridged line about proper defense...

"WHY DIDN'T YOU DODGE!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Geano locked this topic