Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

Optic

chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai.thumb.jpg.bac3383dfae9367c18631f60d3234f08.jpg

Also known as Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!

I'm currently watching this series and admit I was drawn to this series by Rikka's interesting character design. I also noticed a lot of merchandise for this anime TV series during my visit in Japan so I told myself to watch it one day after my return. :yum:

I've just finished episode 10/12 and am really enjoying it so far. It definitely has a familiar feel to the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, in the sense that Rikka Takanashi puts the main male lead Yuuta Togashi in awkward, cringe-worthy but funny moments. :largegasp: And yes they both form their own clubs. >_<

But unlike Haruhi, there are no supernatural elements in this show. It's all in Rikka's mind, yet the way Yuuta and Rikka develop after their first meeting is interesting and I felt the method used to unveil Rikka's past was done very well.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this series?

I noticed there's a second series that aired recently, though it doesn't appear to be rated very highly...

The first season was good, and it probably deserves a rewatch from me soon. I found this series recommended for a contest for anime of the year for 2012, so I decided to pick it up. It was pretty good, and I probably underrated the first season due to me fluctuating ratings to fit in newly completed anime. The second season is rated so low due to it taking a wrong turn.

Mainly the fact that it favors Chuunibyou over romance, and if I remember correctly, even holding hands is very difficult for them

• Informative 2

Finally finished this one. Definitely an eye-watering ending.

chuunibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai-ending.thumb.jpg.77d2e696141b66460ec1717ace7c5bfb.jpg

[spoiler=Episode 12]

So Yuuta regretted shaping Rikka into completely removing her from her Chuunibyou and ultimately ended up helping her see the "Unseen Horizon" to finally farewell her father, which she couldn't do before.

I must admit I didn't expect that ending, I was guessing maybe Yuuta would've had a conversation with Rikka and maybe slowly push her back to the way things were but this felt more sudden. I suppose by then Yuuta had more time to reflect on the implications his actions had. As the narrator said, we probably all have a bit of Chuunibyou in us.

I liked this title overall, even if there was little romance, it made me laugh a lot, which is always a good thing. ^_^

The second season is rated so low due to it taking a wrong turn.

Yes after watching the OVA, I got the sense Yuuta and Rikka's relationship is probably not going to develop much further (or at a snail's pace, giving lots of teasers).

Will probably start watching the second series a bit later, want the good impression I got from the first series to last a little while longer. xD

• Like 1

I liked the 1st season but this romance trend is really what got me less interested in this anime. Even I watched all episodes of the 2nd season.... well it was kinda bad in terms of this anime's direction. :/

• Geano locked this topic