Have you rewatched any animes lately? If so, which animes and why?

seemore_bhutts

Occasionally I do. Usually my space operas get a fair amount of rerun time. It isn't a huge genre so I take what I can get. I rewatch Log Horizon every year as well. So...yeah I rewatch the good ones. Some series there's a few years in between rewatching.

• Like 1

I don't usually like to re-watch anything as it doesn't give me the edge of not knowing whats gonna happen next (I know re-watching shows can help me pick up on details missed on the first watch). But I have rewatched Mirai Nikki, Death Note and Death Parade multiple times and it doesn't get old.

• Like 1

I like rewatching the short 12-24 episode animes. I usually don't rewatch the entire thing though, just my favorite episodes. I rewatched Kamisama Hajimemashita (or Kamisama Kiss) not too long ago; I just love that one! I also frequently rewatch My Hero Academia episodes especially since I watched most of them subbed and then I realized later 'oh yeah, they dubbed this like 5 months ago, I should rewatch it!' and also because it's my favorite ;)

In summary, it's completely normal to rewatch animes! :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I'm currently rewatching Ballroom e Youkoso (love the music and plot ^^) and OniAi (nostalgic reasons and the fanservice heh). That's pretty much it, there are too many good animes in this season so it can be overwhelming to rewatch finished + ongoing animes at the same time.

• Like 1

Current re-watches:

• Persona -trinity soul-: was speaking to someone on another forum, and mentioned my idea of "what if trinity soul was added back into the main universe" (with P4 and spin-offs, it became non-canon), so in order to look at what content was available, I re-watched the series;
  • Pokemon movie 20 - I Choose You: simple, so I could put a review on the "What Are You Watching Today?" thread ;);
  • Digimon Appli Monsters: stalled watching this series (not because I wasn't enjoying it, far from it, actually preferred it to what I saw of Adventure -tri-, just I didn't find the time to watch it), so as I believe I didn't get that far, thought I'd resume from the start again!

Other reasons for re-watches include; "because the series is that good" and "in preparation for a sequel"!

Actually a re-watch of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and A's (possibly StrikerS), might be on the cards for me, as I did watch Reflection recently, and I think I might re-watch Working!, as there's the continuations I haven't watched, and I've not watched Working! in a while!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 7:55 PM, Beocat said:

I rewatch Log Horizon

This is one show I can't get enough of and have rewatched it numerous times. Awesome show for sure. 

On 2/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, Dekumyhero said:

I rewatched Kamisama Hajimemashita (or Kamisama Kiss)

Surprising that for a Shoujo I really enjoyed this title. Good pick! 

Anyway it's common for me to rewatch shows. Sometimes I do because I enjoy the story, the art, the animation, other times it's because I've watched so many titles that I don't remember it so it is fun to explore it again as though it's the first time I'm watching it. Usually though, the latter only occurs after several years of not seeing it. Of course this can give me a "Dof" moment when I start watching thinking "This isn't one I've watched." then realizing it is, and it was a crappy title at that. Or the "Huzzah" moment when I forgot about it thinking I haven't seen it and rewatched it to realize it was a totally awesome title, my personal favorite. 

Cheers as always,

Kuro

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 8:21 PM, Dekumyhero said:

I like rewatching the short 12-24 episode animes.

That's pretty much the only type I watch.  I like stories that have a beginning, middle, and end.  I just can't stay with the ones that go on and on and on.  Inevitably they become repetitive and/or boring and I lose interest and wander off.

I think the last one I rewatched was Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya).  Just kind of wacky and fun.  I felt sorry for poor Kyon though!  :)

• Like 2

I love re watching anime because it brings me back to the first time I watched the show and re-excites me! Recently or I should say I am re-watching Assassination Classroom because I felt like watching a tentacled super being I guess! >..<

• Like 1

I’m currently re-watching Planetes because my boyfriend hasn’t seen it and was super interested (also it’s one of my favourites). I don’t have any issues re-watching stuff, I’ve done it plenty of times. 

Rewatching anime is something I do, st least when I'm able to get myself to watch stuff. I desire a particular type of show and I happen to have a anime of that type ready to watch, so why not rewatch it? That's my thinking. As for anime I've rewatched recently, I've been more focused on getting through my pile of stuff to watch. But there is Mrs Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, which makes me feel really happy.

• Like 1

• Geano locked this topic