Favourite anime character with eyepatch?

Optic

So usually an anime character with an eyepatch symbolises mystery... something unique which ties in to the plot, or it could just be for aesthetic purposes.

Random examples:

mei-misaki-another-008.thumb.jpg.b3cb10f4f793380a93f0f7434be9b252.jpg

Mei Misaki - Another

shindou-chihiro-161.thumb.jpg.6ed8240833883af59363ba86b4d08107.jpg

Shindou Chihiro - ef: A tale of Memories

rikka-chunnibyou-demo-koi-ga-shitai.thumb.jpg.6d254705616625e8db1de4313bf5baaa.jpg

Rikka Takanashi - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. My current favourite as it ties in with her personality and past.

Who is your current favourite and why? ^_^

• Winner 1

So, not an anime, but a VN... hope that still counts.

Shizuru from Rewrite

Sizuru.png

What is funny about her is that she polices the hallways, and catches the main character running all the time. She also gets extremely flustered when Kotarou teases her.

Also, debatably the strongest character in the whole game.

Chihiro and Rikka get honorable mentions, I have yet to watch Another though, so I can't say much about that character.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Laura Bodewig from Infinite Stratos.

ifbCL0u.png.05d411c1671b3a54e48bbfb0c2ed2878.png

d2QV4l5.thumb.jpg.c80676f96b5b8874efd9976a050b6aa6.jpg

There is literally nothing I don't love about this character. Her quirky personality due to her being brought up as a super soldier is equal parts funny and adorable.

• 1 year later...
So usually an anime character with an eyepatch symbolises mystery... something unique which ties in to the plot, or it could just be for aesthetic purposes.

Random examples:

[ATTACH]13540[/ATTACH]

Mei Misaki - Another

[ATTACH]13541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13542[/ATTACH]

Rikka Takanashi - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. My current favourite as it ties in with her personality and past.

hahaha I stumble across this thread whilst looking thru the past and my first thought was of these particular three , no one in specific as all three to me are equal , but I didn't expect to see (well at all really) them at the top of the page like this

but they are the ones that come to mind as soon as I hear anime and eye patch

I did feel sad at the back story to Shindou Chihiro eye patch and the ongoing circumstances it puts on her life

but may be because I liked these anime series so much is why they come to mind

sorry for re presenting the past but I just had to here

• 3 months later...

Random examples:

[ATTACH]13540[/ATTACH]

Mei Misaki - Another

[ATTACH]13541[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13542[/ATTACH]

rikka takanashi,like come on is there no reason to love that cute moe/loli girl who thinks shes a wizard and you cant frget her cute finger rikka dance

Minene Uryuu (Future Diary)

Crazy, Sadistic; yet hopeless romantic.]

[ATTACH=full]28134[/ATTACH]

Same. I know very few characters with eyepatch, but Minene was likable enough, more than Yuno anyway.

Another character with eyepatch I like would be King Bradley from FMA. Surprised nobody mentioned him yet.

tumblr_lwot4knnzr1r4td5q.jpg.867c4a63b53c09b9486f3866df81b0a4.jpg

That "Ultimate Eye" of his is badass.

Edited by Guest

Date_A_Live_Yoshino_Cute_Preview_Render2.png.835b0e4348ef102aa9bb67cfbbe16f75.png

Yoshinon from the Date A Live series comes to mind. According to the second OP, Yoshinon is his own character, despite him appearing to be a puppet. If the latter were true, then Yoshino is the greatest ventriloquist of all time.

I actually got a Yoshinon puppet from a japanese festival earlier this year, it makes a pretty good hand fan. (LOL)

• 3 months later...
  • Geano locked this topic