Recommend me a romance!

seemore_bhutts

Question

7 hours ago, seemore_bhutts said:

OP appreciates them

huh, well there you have it. I'm used to threads this old having OP be loooooong gone lol. Guess I'll list you some.

Tsurezure Children

> And if you liked Tsurezure Children, check out Momokuri. It's as though one couple in Tsurezure got a show entirely to themselves. Obviously the two aren't related, but they feel like the same style.

ef: a tale of memories (personally, this one was so good, I gave it a 10/10, and knocked most of the other shit on my anime list down by 1. Don't confuse it for its sequel, "ef: a tale of melodies". This sequel is entirely optional as it follows different characters, and I didn't like it as much anyways, so that's a thing)

Oouu, just spotted that you were watchin Kotoura-san a while ago. How was it? Well, don't spoil, but I didn't even think it was a romance. Does the romance go anywhere? Does it end nicely? A yes or no works for both of those questions XD

anyways, *ehem*

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (goes to the manga ending. The manga however has a single epilogue chapter if you'd be interested in reading that. Should pick up right after where the anime ends.)

Tsuki ga Kirei (be sure to watch the credits of the final episode, it's very important. Otherwise, every episode aside from episode 1 and the last episode has an after credits scene where they stick some comedic stuff and side character development so that it didn't clutter the main plot.)

Kimi ni Todoke (2 seasons. Incredibly slow, but not uneventful. Very sweet relaxing watch)

One Week Friends (minor lie, this isn't actually a romance. Some people consider it one, but I do not. It's MUCH more of a genuine friendship thing, so view it in that light. I've read the manga and it went full romance at the last minute and actually totally fucked it up lol.)

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

16 minutes ago, seemore_bhutts said:

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for romances. Give me some of your favorites and I might check them out!

Have you tried Kotoura-san? I watched it a couple of years ago and it was one of the very first anime that I watched seriously, it's tells a love story surrounding a girl with the power of reading peoples' minds unvoluntarily, and it leads to very funny moments  (-‿◦)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

My favorite straight up romance would hands down be Ah! My Goddess.  After that, I'd say Norn9 (does not come dubbed however, subbed only).  Snow White with the Red Hair is really good too.  I couldn't stand the voices on the dub (subbed is awesome).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Yahari Ore no Seishun... (as Neptvne wrote)

Toradora

Shigatsu wa Kimi Uso

I'm not really into Romance but here are some that I can remember at the top of my head that I have watched (recommend) or my friends loved ^^

Edited by FriendlyP
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Roxeg said:

Have you tried Kotoura-san? I watched it a couple of years ago and it was one of the very first anime that I watched seriously, it's tells a love story surrounding a girl with the power of reading peoples' minds unvoluntarily, and it leads to very funny moments  (-‿◦)

Started watching last night, enjoying it!

• Awesome (Sugoi) 1

9 minutes ago, efaardvark said:

I wound up liking it a lot, but I almost didn't get past the first episode!  That opening was depressing af!

I know, if I remember right there was a dramatic touch to it, but it was still very entertaining and touching like the rest of the story.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:57 PM, seemore_bhutts said:

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for romances. Give me some of your favorites and I might check them out!

well since its a broad statement (non-specific, im assuming aslong as its romance itll be fine?)

have you tried

twilight?

jk, i couldnt resist >.>

but for reals its not an anime --- more of a visual novel that im reading through

but it is very vanilla as far as i read through it, its called "fureraba" (i think its on steam?)

other one is "magical marriage lunatics/march" 

tho as i have said, they are "visual novels", and aside from fureraba, i dont think magical marriage has SFW content? (being ero scenes)

also, i dont think either of them have anime?, bright side, they are better love stories than twilight

• Like 1

22 hours ago, awesomedude20 said:

huh, well there you have it. I'm used to threads this old having OP be loooooong gone lol. Guess I'll list you some.

Tsurezure Children

> And if you liked Tsurezure Children, check out Momokuri. It's as though one couple in Tsurezure got a show entirely to themselves. Obviously the two aren't related, but they feel like the same style.

ef: a tale of memories (personally, this one was so good, I gave it a 10/10, and knocked most of the other shit on my anime list down by 1. Don't confuse it for its sequel, "ef: a tale of melodies". This sequel is entirely optional as it follows different characters, and I didn't like it as much anyways, so that's a thing)

Oouu, just spotted that you were watchin Kotoura-san a while ago. How was it? Well, don't spoil, but I didn't even think it was a romance. Does the romance go anywhere? Does it end nicely? A yes or no works for both of those questions XD

anyways, *ehem*

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (goes to the manga ending. The manga however has a single epilogue chapter if you'd be interested in reading that. Should pick up right after where the anime ends.)

Tsuki ga Kirei (be sure to watch the credits of the final episode, it's very important. Otherwise, every episode aside from episode 1 and the last episode has an after credits scene where they stick some comedic stuff and side character development so that it didn't clutter the main plot.)

Kimi ni Todoke (2 seasons. Incredibly slow, but not uneventful. Very sweet relaxing watch)

One Week Friends (minor lie, this isn't actually a romance. Some people consider it one, but I do not. It's MUCH more of a genuine friendship thing, so view it in that light. I've read the manga and it went full romance at the last minute and actually totally fucked it up lol.)

Thank you for all the recommendations! 

Kotoura San is technically a romance! It's one of those "understood" kind of romances, but wholesome in the end!

True Tears is a fantastic one!~

if you hate yourself

Edited by Reiko
comedic value
  • Like 1