Open Club  ·  229 members

Art Club

Do you prefer drawing digitally or physically?

seemore_bhutts

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, seemore_bhutts said:

I've only recently started to draw physically, but I think I already prefer it over drawing on my computer with current materials. 

i prefer digitally, digital drawing is sooooo 100x easier for me compared to physical/traditional drawing's, mainly couse digital lets you do whole ctrl+z undo command and ctrl+shift+z mainly redo command 

also i can actually color digital works, i cant color my physical works, unless its black/white only, and also when i also erase a portion using an eraser, smudges are noticeable which adds -10 to charm stats of my drawing which is ughish

On 3/24/2018 at 7:43 AM, Wedgy said:

Drawing digitally gives the illusion that I'm better than I actually am. I found my old pen tablet recently, and this seems to still hold true.

pretty much this >.>

• Like 1

I prefer digital, less garbage scattered everywhere at the end of the night and I don't have to track down various pens I need or run out materials in general.  It's nice.  But I must say physical has it's perks too.  It's been so long since I've drawn that way though that I bet I am absolutely awful at it.  (not that I'm good at digital either.)

Edited by FinDee
  • Like 2

I don't know which one I prefer really. Until this year, I have only drawn traditionally and I really like the crispness of the lines I can pull on paper. I really like digital art as well though because it does look cleaner as a whole in my point of view/drawing style. The color palette in digital is also amazing -- I can mix my traditional media, but on the computer, it is much easier to play around with different options. The only thing I have to complain about though is my monitor, which is my own personal issue. My monitor tends to show warmer colors so when I export my work and view it on another computer or my phone, the colors are colder than I originally thought.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

It's hard for me to give a definitive answer on which I prefer. I have much less experience with digital, but I find that the more I work in digital, the easier it seems to find a cleaner workflow. I still love using graphite and color pencils to work with, but I am still in the middle on this one.

For me I like both for different reasons. I think digital is easier as I am one of those that mastered drawing with a mouse early on. Though it is also easier to edit quickly on the computer vs on paper. Though drawing on paper allows for a finer degree of control as long as you have a steady hand.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Tristan (๑╹ω╹๑ ) said:

Digitally for sure. I just have a small Wacom Intuos, but I have access to much more materials for free on my pc and have zoom and bucket and all that stuff. And infinite paper without having to look for it lol

I never thought about materials being a barrier to art, but when you put it that way... yea! It makes sense why not use digital medium in a way to save on costs and be more convenient 😍

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I love drawing physically and then making edits on the computer. HOWEVER, I used my friends ipad pro and I must say....I really want one. Its so natural. He uses procreate. 

I hope to get the same natural fluidity I have drawing by hand someday replicated on my tablet. 

Currently I use a Huion tablet with Krita. I would love to draw/see on screen though :/ its still to unnatural for me. 

I feel more creative with a pencil and paper - like reading a physical book over an ebook. 

• 1 month later...

I prefer traditional because it feels more chill, will drawing digital feels more like work.

( I also feel more pressure to draw something "good" when i do it digitally. )

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...