New Registrations Suspended Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seemore_bhutts

Do you prefer drawing digitally or physically?

I've only recently started to draw physically, but I think I already prefer it over drawing on my computer with current materials. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I do both. Sometimes it's easier to draw on paper. There'a lot less setup involved, and usually have better control of my lines. When I draw digitally, I'm usually just messing around. But I do like how my lines usually come out looking more clean than any pen and paper. 

Plus, I don't own a scanner, so when it comes to sharing my pen/paper drawings they just lose a lot of quality when translated digitally. Drawing digitally gives the illusion that I'm better than I actually am. I found my old pen tablet recently, and this seems to still hold true.

Edited by Wedgy
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 2:15 PM, seemore_bhutts said:

I've only recently started to draw physically, but I think I already prefer it over drawing on my computer with current materials. 

i prefer digitally, digital drawing is sooooo 100x easier for me compared to physical/traditional drawing's, mainly couse digital lets you do whole ctrl+z undo command and ctrl+shift+z mainly redo command 

also i can actually color digital works, i cant color my physical works, unless its black/white only, and also when i also erase a portion using an eraser, smudges are noticeable which adds -10 to charm stats of my drawing which is ughish

On 3/24/2018 at 7:43 AM, Wedgy said:

Drawing digitally gives the illusion that I'm better than I actually am. I found my old pen tablet recently, and this seems to still hold true.

pretty much this >.>

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I prefer digital, less garbage scattered everywhere at the end of the night and I don't have to track down various pens I need or run out materials in general.  It's nice.  But I must say physical has it's perks too.  It's been so long since I've drawn that way though that I bet I am absolutely awful at it.  (not that I'm good at digital either.)

Edited by FinDee
  • Like 2

I don't know which one I prefer really. Until this year, I have only drawn traditionally and I really like the crispness of the lines I can pull on paper. I really like digital art as well though because it does look cleaner as a whole in my point of view/drawing style. The color palette in digital is also amazing -- I can mix my traditional media, but on the computer, it is much easier to play around with different options. The only thing I have to complain about though is my monitor, which is my own personal issue. My monitor tends to show warmer colors so when I export my work and view it on another computer or my phone, the colors are colder than I originally thought.  

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this  

Anime Forums is where fans from around the world can gather to discuss anime and Japanese culture!  All anime fans are welcome. Take a moment to join us now!