Jump to content

What's your anime confession?


Recommended Posts

I've never seen Naruto. I probably watched one episode ever and was entirely uninterested. Seemingly everyone else I grew up with has seen it and were always talking about it, and I feel as if I've missed something growing up. My BF is currently watching it, so I'm catching snatches of it when we both happen to be home, but most likely I'll remain ignorant of it all for years to come.

Also... maybe this one isn't so much a confession since I've stated it before... but I like dubbed anime. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

That last part had to be hard to confess haha! 

I guess my confession is that I really like romances, but I'm not the kind of guy that you'd expect to be into anime at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bad tendency to judge anime that are extremely popular even if I've never tried watching them, and sometimes I put obscure stuff up on a pedestal even if I don't really like it that much. 

 Also, I used to prefer dubs since reading can really distract me from seeing what's going on. But I realized how much anime just never gets an English dub, and often when comparing those that do to their Japanese dubs, most of the time the acting doesn't sound as convincing. Every now and then I might switch back and forth between Japanese and English audio just to compare them, and sometimes I still find an English dub I like though.

Edited by Frith
grammar
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The number of times I dropped anime/manga is probably more than the number of times I've finished watching/reading them.

I tend to search for other anime/manga while I'm watching/reading one, and I always get stuff that are better than the one that I was currently watching/reading. I end up dropping the anime/manga and move on to the next one, and the cycle goes on.

I mostly drop manga, since manga aren't usually that long as anime are. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a bit of a spot that, for someone who hosts game shows with a lot of trivia relating to anime and video games, my actual catalog of shows I've watched is very small. I want to watch more, but in my house, I know that some of the shows I want to look at, popular or not, are a little too serious for the kids to see for one reason or another. So I'm stuck having to sneak away to watch them, provided I even remember to in the first place.

I'm working on it, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sonic Whammy said:

I'm in a bit of a spot that, for someone who hosts game shows with a lot of trivia relating to anime and video games, my actual catalog of shows I've watched is very small. I want to watch more, but in my house, I know that some of the shows I want to look at, popular or not, are a little too serious for the kids to see for one reason or another. So I'm stuck having to sneak away to watch them, provided I even remember to in the first place.

I'm working on it, though.

That's when you tell them to go outside and play in the yard until dinnertime.  It's good for them! Kids these days need to spend time in the sun, the mud, and actual fresh air. You had enough from your childhood days, so you're good to stay indoors and watch anime ;)

 

Mine would likely be that though I'm not a big harem fan, actually pretty outspoken against them in general, I absolutely love the Tenchi series (just cut out the 2nd movie and tenchi gxp blech!). Guilty pleasure maybe? I've been pretty picky with my harems ever since (Kanon is more tragedy to me, Lord Marksman is mostly strategy). I also collect the Tenchi relatives (El Hazard and Dual Parallel for example).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Beocat said:

That's when you tell them to go outside and play in the yard until dinnertime.  It's good for them! Kids these days need to spend time in the sun, the mud, and actual fresh air. You had enough from your childhood days, so you're good to stay indoors and watch anime ;)

Man, are those times long gone of playing in the yard without adult supervision. It doesn't matter much in my case since as a teacher who also does home instructions 3 days a week to boot, I'm not hope soon enough to allow for that to happen anyway. I getcha, though. Regardless, I have chances in places, I just have to remember to use them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess my confession would be that i hate alot of anime girls. For example: Ochako form bnha, Hinata and Sakura from Naruto, Misaka from Aot, Lenalee from D gray man, lucy from ft... and alot more...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, J4sm1n4 said:

I guess my confession would be that i hate alot of anime girls. For example: Ochako form bnha, Hinata and Sakura from Naruto, Misaka from Aot, Lenalee from D gray man, lucy from ft... and alot more...

Unfortunately, there seems to be a weakness in a lot of stories concerning female characters in that they are very poorly written. Exhibit A: Sakura (Naruto). I haven't even seen Naruto and I know she's sadly underdeveloped as a character. Women aren't always portrayed as important to the story in the same way a lot of male protagonists are, and that's a real shame in my book. And it's not that all anime have that problem at all. But you really can't deny that there exists a lot of them where female characters just seem to be there... for the sake of being there, or just having a love interest for the main male protagonist. I'll have to put this in the words of our dear George Martin:

nu2Mipb.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wedgy said:

Unfortunately, there seems to be a weakness in a lot of stories concerning female characters in that they are very poorly written. Exhibit A: Sakura (Naruto). I haven't even seen Naruto and I know she's sadly underdeveloped as a character. Women aren't always portrayed as important to the story in the same way a lot of male protagonists are, and that's a real shame in my book. And it's not that all anime have that problem at all. But you really can't deny that there exists a lot of them where female characters just seem to be there... for the sake of being there, or just having a love interest for the main male protagonist. I'll have to put this in the words of our dear George Martin:

nu2Mipb.jpg

Thats true. I mean the still ongoing anime troupe where a girl hits a guy for no reason. In every anime the girl barges into a guys room and sees him either naked and hits him or with some other girl and hits him while being nothing to him. Whats the point in that? Comic relief?

The characters i mentioned in a first post are just too bland for my taste. Cant stand that they are supposed to be "main". My taste in female characters is very unique.

Edited by J4sm1n4
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, J4sm1n4 said:

Well i dont think it was that bad either.

Well of course you don't, it's amazing. *-*

@t:
I've never got excited for the Attack on Titan trailers and I never understood the hype surrounding the show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2018 at 6:52 AM, J4sm1n4 said:

I guess my confession would be that i hate alot of anime girls. For example: Ochako form bnha, Hinata and Sakura from Naruto, Misaka from Aot, Lenalee from D gray man, lucy from ft... and alot more...

Everyone hates Lucy from Fairy Tail...O.o...My anime confession...I'm a closet Josei fan...kidding...or am I?!? ^_^ Actually there really isn't a genre that I won't watch, except Hentai...and Loli...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/03/2018 at 3:39 AM, Oakmi said:

Everyone hates Lucy from Fairy Tail...O.o...My anime confession...I'm a closet Josei fan...kidding...or am I?!? ^_^ Actually there really isn't a genre that I won't watch, except Hentai...and Loli...

I dont think Loli an anime genre... I think its morw Hentai genre  or subgenre...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, J4sm1n4 said:

I dont think Loli an anime genre... I think its morw Hentai genre  or subgenre...

That and ecchi is becoming more hentai than anything. I remember the day's when ecchi was just enough of a tease to get the old motor revving, now its just a race to see who can get closes to the line before actually crossing it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...