About Overlord...

FriendlyP

About Overlord...I love it but it feels like it is lacking the 'game' aspect of it. Don't get me wrong, the New World is not a game but I am expecting some sort of feel that Ainz is still living in a game. I want him to encounter at least one player from YGGDRASIL (or maybe from a totally different game) and not just some small flashback scenes. Atm, I believe if Overlord didn't have anything to do with YGGDRASIL, it would still be the same. To sum up, I'd like to see more YGGDRASIL stuff (players, lore, areas etc) in Overlord not just 'levels and a few OP items/skills', but yeah, I just want to say my opinion so far about Overlord. ^^ 

• Like 1

Season 2 of Overlord is proving to be just as good as the first season in my opinion, but I do hear and get what you’re saying there about it feeling somewhat less and less like the “RPG/MMO online game” genre that it first initially meant to be

• Friendly 1

• 4 weeks later...

No, I don't understand what people mean they want a game feel like other players I don't understand this at all  tbh its not a transferred to a game anime its a transferred to another "world". I seen people say they wanted to see game aspects like other players or more stuff from YGGDRASIL however we haven't even seen anything from YGGDRASIL in the anime other than flashbacks and whats in Nazerik... 

• Agree 1

Personally, I dont love Overlord, its so lackluster and boy, season 2 was absolutely boring. I was stoked to see this anime but it went downhill. Dropped season 1 twice, at episode 4 and 6 respectively, then just skipped to the end to see ainz vs shalltear since that was the only interesting part of it. God, Albedo is some annoying ass npc even tho ainz reprogrammed her, she needs to get herself killed. Season 2 was so bad especially the lizard arc, the amount of times I dropped that season was staggering but I did end up finishing it with the most deadest mood ever. It was that boring. Anyways onto the discussion.

I believe the OP was trying to say that there is no point on having this "YGGDRASIL" in Overlord when it will never really be implemented into the New World. Hey, I do understand that, heck the author should just scrap yggdrasil and just state it was from ancient times. Overlord doesnt need the game thing at all since it is a " New world", so I'd say the author should just scrap the whole yggdrasil thing. Also, Ainz has his human feelings suppressed due to him being an Undead so u might as well make him an undead with no previous background of being a 'real' human.

Furthermore, as the OP stated, they should have players encountering Ainz at some point but it is absolutely not possible it seems. I heard from reddit that up until the latest LN volume, there hasnt been any encounter of a player which sucks ass. im getting bored of seeing npcs talking for days even if its for "character development" and its getting boring that ainz isnt getting any real struggles since hes max gear etc. Knowing that there were other players with the same stats or higher than ainz and encountering him would make the story more interesting.

11 hours ago, Greeneyes said:

YGGDRASIL however we haven't even seen anything from YGGDRASIL in the anime other than flashbacks and whats in Nazerik... 

Well excuse me but wasn't that the point of OP's post? OP wants to see more yggdrasil stuff since overlord did start in Yggdrasil.

If I had to rate overlord, it would be 5/10. Its just a meh anime. It's not as bad as SAO (too many plot holes LUL) or that smartphone one (quality anime *sarcasm*) but I wouldn't consider it be something that I would say "I love it so much". My opinion on Overlord, obviously, others have different opinions and I respect that.

• Like 1