Collecting

Bfking23

Question

Hey, I’m reasonably new to anime and I’ve just finished my first anime, which was God Eater and I really enjoyed it, I’m also beginning to read the Tokyo Ghoul manga, I’m interested in Guilty Crown, Neon Genesis Evangelion and RahXephon, those sorts of genres, I want to start a collection, but I don’t know what to start collecting, I like the Gundam models and other figurines, but they get a bit pricey, any advice on what I should start collecting and the best sites? I live in Australia as well, thank you 

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Bfking23 said:

Hey, I’m reasonably new to anime and I’ve just finished my first anime, which was God Eater and I really enjoyed it, I’m also beginning to read the Tokyo Ghoul manga, I’m interested in Guilty Crown, Neon Genesis Evangelion and RahXephon, those sorts of genres, I want to start a collection, but I don’t know what to start collecting, I like the Gundam models and other figurines, but they get a bit pricey, any advice on what I should start collecting and the best sites? I live in Australia as well, thank you 

You probably shouldn't go full sail right away and read the manga and watch the anime first and once you read 1 or 2 of the manga and maybe watched the series and you liked it buy more stuff on the anime like figurines etc. Considering your new to anime

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Estatia said:

You probably shouldn't go full sail right away and read the manga and watch the anime first and once you read 1 or 2 of the manga and maybe watched the series and you liked it buy more stuff on the anime like figurines etc. Considering your new to anime

Thanks for the reply, I'll continue to watch a couple more shows before I start buying anything, and read a few more manga's. I guess collecting manga would be a good start then haha 

My suggestion would be to only collect figurines and such when you know that an anime or manga really struck you! Impulse buying because you simply enjoyed something is not the best idea. Make sure it's one of your favorites before spending too much money!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bfking23 said:

Thanks for the reply, I'll continue to watch a couple more shows before I start buying anything, and read a few more manga's. I guess collecting manga would be a good start then haha 

That sounds good, especially if you prefer reading a physical book rather than scans. And figures are much more expensive from what I've seen. 

• Like 1