What year or age did you start watching animes?

Shitacles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If we don't count in pokemon/Yugioh/Bakugan/Digimon and whatever else was running on TV back then. I would have to say that my first real anime was Spirited Away. 

I was around 8-9 years old. I could tell the difference to the usual cartoons I had seen right away. There were a couple of other anime movies running on TV like Nausicaä, My Neighbour Totoro, Castle in the Sky and the list continues on, to sum it up, I grew up watching all the ghibli movies.

Like, 4 or 5 years ago I'd say. First "official" anime, where I was entirely aware it was an anime, was Occult Academy. Not a bad show, actually.

BUT my FIIIIIRST first anime would be Spirited Away, I think. Barely remembered it till I rewatched it a couple years ago though.

On 3/11/2018 at 12:31 AM, Shitacles said:

I started watching anime about 3 or 4 years ago when I was 14. But I haven't seen much anime because it was hard balancing school life and anime life lol

umm somewhere like when I was 12 

• 2 weeks later...

My intro to anime was Star Blazers in the late 70's, early 80's which would have been when I was around 10 - 12.  I didn't really get exposed to the un-edited stuff until the mid/late 90's when I actually had a job that let me buy VHS tapes/DVDs. So I've been around this stuff for awhile :P

My dad had the entire VHS collection of Dragon Ball Z when I was round 3 or 4, so that's when I was introduced to anime (I watched and re-watched DBZ a ton). I also watched shows like Naruto with him when I was a kid, but it wasn't until I was around 12 did I realize and become aware that Anime was it's own medium.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Decimo said:

My dad had the entire VHS collection of Dragon Ball Z when I was round 3 or 4, so that's when I was introduced to anime (I watched and re-watched DBZ a ton). I also watched shows like Naruto with him when I was a kid, but it wasn't until I was around 12 did I realize and become aware that Anime was it's own medium.

Yah I started out with collecting the VHS tapes back in the day. It was much harder to get it subbed in those days though as had to get it imported from a limed set of subbers.

I got exposed to Anime when I was 7 to 9 yrs old I think, back when VHS Tapes existed.... starting with shows such as Sailor Moon - which I wasn't comfortable watching cuz the characters were nude in their transformations <.< And then Sakura Cardcaptors, Escaflowne (which I never understood back then), Nausica, Princess Mononoke, Trigun,  Sorcerer Hunters, Soul Hunter and Legend of Christania (which I didn't understand then either)

I got into Pokemon, Yugioh and Code Geass and other animes later on, but my mom would always get in the damn way, ruining me watching Anime, cuz we would always have disagreements and so I could never enjoy what I wanted to watch -.-  Also, anime back then was limited for viewing in my country and people were super biast about it, (especially when I drew my own OCs traditionally and showed it to off. I would get little support and a crap ton backlash/discouragement.) 

When I turned 19 and started working, I slowly got back into watching Anime when I had free time and started by rewatching all the content I had seen when I was a kid growing up. It's a long list to go through but I'm getting there. 

Edited by Anisa Mazaki