Flaunt Your Anime Cave

Beocat

So, I know there is no way that I am the only person with an Anime Corner, Cave, or Space.  Truthfully, over my many years, I have collected quite a bit of stuff....anywhere from statues (cheap $19.99 ones that no longer fit my space all the way up to a 700 some dollar one that I have had to move to keep my cats from impaling themselves on its sword), prints (giclees, lithographs, artist prints), original artwork (plushies for instance), wall scrolls and so on and I love putting them all up on my wall.  And while most of my collection is video game related (I'm extremely picky on my anime swag - Unfortunately, most artists focus on One Piece, Fairy Tail, Sword Art Online, DBZ, the main anime....most Anime I would buy prints of are rarely made by artists), I still have a few anime and comic book pieces.  Anyways, put up your anime pad and flaunt your awesome!  It doesn't matter what it is, or what really fills it up, it's your space!  How did your space get to how it looks today?  I know my space evolved over time (and doubtlessly will continue to change in the coming years) so what changes have you been making over the years?

So, my Anime/Video Game Cave back in the day started when I was much younger.  I bought a few keychains (that never seemed to last more than 2 weeks...I'm either very rough with my keys or they were super cheap!) and some wall scrolls, which I ended up thumbtacking to the walls (my father hates thumbtack holes LOL).  When in highschool and then college...that's pretty much all you can afford.  In my later college years, I started collecting different prints.  I can't remember if it started with The Ilium or if it started with the Apprentice Crashes Star Destroyer....I just know it completely changed my buying habits from there on out.  From there on out, I focused on prints, especially numbered limited edition prints (if the Artist signed it or if it came with a Certificate of Authenticity it was even better to me!).  I still got some statues, but I maxed out around $90 on the cost...  Oftentimes, I'd keep an eye out at a con for a new print.

It was my last two years in grad school that I started professionally framing favorite prints.  I'd save up spare cash for a few months so I could afford it whenever a good framing sale came around.  At that time, I was framing prints with the intention of some day displaying them in my home (that I would eventually buy lol).  I had a few statues sitting on my bookshelves at that time to spruce up my den.

Many of my art in frames has remained wrapped up in brown paper, though not all....  Some have made it up onto walls.  Others I have plans to change out from time to time with the ones I already have up (they are around the same size or identical in size to what I have up (part of my plan when framing them)) since my wallspace is pretty valuable up in my cave.  For now, this is the art I have up for now that I have pictures of.  I have more video game art dispersed about the room.

20171122_212720.thumb.jpg.2cde7dd4e186e84dfb7a05a3f1e884d2.jpg20171122_212559.thumb.jpg.fbd432c046d996e909a55fc4712ce731.jpg20171122_212651.thumb.jpg.cd559e7f98ae4c5a9530e39f97eb2480.jpg

I have plenty of video game statues and comic book statues up all around on shelves I've added to my room.  My husband has his own collection down in his office space.  He's a Batman fan so he has some great artist prints up in his office along with a curio full of statues he's collected over the years.  Eventually, I'll get the rest of my room added up in here.  These were the only photos I had already taken (and now I need to dust in there!  It's a never ending battle.).

So, I'll be adding some more pictures in a few more days.  Anyone else got some anime or video game swag on display? 

• Love it! (Daisuki) 1

10 hours ago, Beocat said:

my father hates thumbtack holes LOL

So did mine! Also, I've got some in pretty bad shape from moving them around and retacking (and general carelessness), so I plan on framing all of my posters from now on.

My room is small so I've got some dedicated shelf space instead.

Quite a few VHS tapes are in storage and I've got a  couple Nausicaä posters, an Utena poster, and an Only Yesterday movie poster, but I still need to get some frames before I'll put them up. I don't have any figures since I don't understand the appeal; 2D is where it's at for me I guess xD

IMG_E0175.thumb.JPG.e3c0169975c2c1a71072a035702760a3.JPG

IMG_E0174.thumb.JPG.ba017c6f7ea25468a7375febd34b0b61.JPG

IMG_E0159.thumb.JPG.4585b541ef5e2085be7127f83aac458a.JPG

IMG_E0177.thumb.JPG.d542bca4ec368b27393f319fe6292643.JPG

I'm not a big collector of stuff, and the stuff I do have I mostly have (carefully) packed away in the garage or the closet*.  Even my display of space-related stuff is limited to a shadowbox crammed full of mission-related lapel pins and a couple of recognition awards on the wall.  For my anime a couple feet of bookshelf space for my manga and DVDs is about all I have.

(*my closet is like the one in that 80's William Katt movie, "House". :D )

• Geano locked this topic