Whats Your Favourite ShoujoAi/Yuri Anime?

Kaylie Otaku

• 7 months later...

I think the only series I've seen that I consider to be "actual yuri" is Strawberry Panic. I definitely liked the art style used, particularly the character designs. I suppose Kannazuki: Destiny of a Shrine Maiden qualifies, but I really didn't care for it.

Of the various series I've watched where a yuri relationship is heavily implied, Flip Flappers is probably my fave, I really liked the highly imaginative and creative visual styles used & it was pretty funny too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Strawberry Panic is good. Some other notable series are Asagao to Kase-san, a 1 hour OVA, Yuri Kuma Arashi, which we wouldn’t call good, but is definitely worth watching at least once, and Simoun, which is actually a pretty well done sci-fi/world building anime. Unfortunately the yuri in Simoun is such a sideshow that it may as well not even exist.

This season’s Bloom Into You is really good so far, probably best of the season, although there aren’t many standouts this season to compete against it. It’s also playing the genre differently from normal by having the MC aware of the love interest’s advances, and just not care in the slightest.

Yuri anime (and also yaoi to be honest) are generally pretty disappointing. The bar for quality is ridiculously low, because they are selling themselves as ‘A romance between two girls’, rather than ‘A romance. Oh, and both of them are girls’. The yuri is more important than the romance, which makes for a badly written plot and characters. Also unnecessary fanservice which does not improve the show.

• Like 1

So some of these are oldies but goodies and the rest are just great. Now I have not watched a shoujo anime in so long though, so apologies if it isn't something new of the late 2000s you want. 

1. Say, "I Love You"
  2. Maid-Sama
  3. Nana
  4. My Little Monster
  5. Peach Girl
  6. Lovely Complex
  7. From Me To You 
  8. Fruit Basket

I know a lot more. But out of all of the ones listed, Fruits Basket & Nana always get me. Both are a long time favorite. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 5:05 PM, Persona said:

So some of these are oldies but goodies and the rest are just great. Now I have not watched a shoujo anime in so long though, so apologies if it isn't something new of the late 2000s you want. 

1. Say, "I Love You"
  2. Maid-Sama
  3. Nana
  4. My Little Monster
  5. Peach Girl
  6. Lovely Complex
  7. From Me To You 
  8. Fruit Basket

I know a lot more. But out of all of the ones listed, Fruits Basket & Nana always get me. Both are a long time favorite. 

Honestly all of these resonate with me in particular Lovely Complex, Fruits Basket, and My little Monster. :)

On 11/7/2018 at 6:05 PM, Persona said:

1. Say, "I Love You"
  2. Maid-Sama
  3. Nana
  4. My Little Monster
  5. Peach Girl
  6. Lovely Complex
  7. From Me To You 
  8. Fruit Basket

Aren't these shoujo, not shoujo-ai? o.o

1 minute ago, awesomedude20 said:

"Whats Your Favourite ShoujoAi/Yuri Anime?"

Nooooope o.o

Well at this time seems a few people have posted a mix of things I am honestly fine with it so long as the topic starter is.

29 minutes ago, awesomedude20 said:

"Whats Your Favourite ShoujoAi/Yuri Anime?"

Nooooope o.o

Excuse me for not reading the “ai/yuri” part properly. That’s on me. Next time just let me know and I’d gladly fix my post to suit the topic. 

Now, for the recommendations on that topic:

Whispered Words

Revolutionary Girl Utena

There’s a couple of others I cannot recall. I don’t watch much ai/yuri shows. I think I’ve read more though. With Utena, it is a very um old school show and complex. But it is a wonderful story. ❤️

Edited by Persona

16 minutes ago, Persona said:

Excuse me for not reading the “ai/yuri” part properly. That’s on me. Next time just let me know and I’d gladly fix my post to suit the topic. 

Whispered Words

Revolutionary Girl Utena

There’s a couple of others I cannot recall. I don’t watch much ai/yuri shows. I think I’ve read more though. With Utena, it is a very um old school show and complex. But it is a wonderful story. ❤️

It happens :) I also figured thats what happened just saw it, and posted without fully reading. It happens to the best of us.

16 hours ago, Persona said:

Whispered Words

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Utena is a great story, but it's not the easiest series to fall into. I have found myself unable to watch it on a continuous basis in the least. But I do love the characters and a lot of the story premise. I just wish it was an easier series to be drawn into, for me.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Kaga Koko said:

My choices is strawberry panic and revolutionary girl utena i like how cute the uniforms are and both have interesting story for me.

Both of those are good honestly. Cute stories and art styles as well. :)

• Agree 1