Me.Hankey

What do you think about Devilman:Crybaby

I think it's really good

:D

Edited by Me.Hankey

Honestly I really couldn't get into it so I postponed watching it for a little bit because of the art style and I am aware you have to get use to it but for now I am gonna wait...

I like that it got me to check out a story I probably would have ignored otherwise. All I'd seen were some pictures of the 1972 series and I wasn't impressed, so I never looked into it much until I saw the trailers for Crybaby. I love the concept of a demonic superhero, and especially Devilman's design for this series in particular after going back and seeing some of the old series and OVAs. The art style was rough, sharp, and edgy, which I think looked better than if a more traditional style had been used; Go Nagai's original art wasn't conventional either, at least by today's standards. I'm not surprised to hear that Devilman served as inspiration to Kentaro Miura and Hideaki Anno. 

I misread the title and thought this was about Devil May Cry. I feel a bit dumb now. 

I actually really liked the animation. Maybe I'm alone in that... but hell the story is great so even if you didn't like the animation you should at least be able to appreciate the writing.

Just to be clear I haven't finished it yet, but this is my impression so far. Reminds me a lot of a webcomic called Rephaim. Pretty gorey, but fab.

Edited by Wedgy

at points its unintentionally funny and the art style doesn't help with this however it has a lot of the kind of cheesy charm that a lot of go nagais stuff usually has although i prefer go nagais mecha series to devilman